• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower Control Arms Rebuild ?

That's also a strengthening kit, the plates are welded to the bottom of the c-arm. I'vebeen thinking about that kit as well.
One of the more expiereced guys here might have a different opinion about it..

I don't see why not, unless there is noticible wear on the LCA shafts. I replaced all of mine on my 73, it had well over 100k miles, and there were no issues with the shafts. Also, PST is an sponsor here so you get a discount for being a member so I would just talk to them directly!

I concur with idrivemopar

just rebuilt my front end last week, your lower arms might be in good shape ,just needing new bushings.unless your car has traveled the road less desired, check them .The stiffening plates are a nice touch but unnecessary for a car that's being driven normally. if your lower arms are loose between the where the torsion bar sits in the arm, the plates will help tighten them up when welded in . as far as the pivots shafts go they should be fine, you have to inspect them. polygraphite is nice and would require greasable pivot shafts because the poly bushings have no inner sleeve.(squeak,squeak)
get-attachment (13).jpg
get-attachment (12).jpg

if your going to use the stock bushings press the pivot shaft into the bushing first them press that into the arm . remember not to tighten the pivot shaft nut's until the car is sitting on its own weight otherwise you'll damage the rubber bushing.if your going poly you should do all poly .its not recommended to mix. good luck

I just finished rebuilding the front (and rear) suspensions in my GTX and had a bit different experience. I had some funny noises in my suspension and when trying to unbolt one of the LCA shaft bolts, it was turning in the bushing. I put vice grips on the exposed shoulder of the shaft and got the bolt off. MY LCA shafts were not the best looking and this was a low mileage car. I ordered some new ones from PST and they were a big improvement over the originals.

I also used OEM bushings on the front and it drives much better and is quiet.

IMG_3241.JPG

I just finished rebuilding the front (and rear) suspensions in my GTX and had a bit different experience. I had some funny noises in my suspension and when trying to unbolt one of the LCA shaft bolts, it was turning in the bushing. I put vice grips on the exposed shoulder of the shaft and got the bolt off. MY LCA shafts were not the best looking and this was a low mileage car. I ordered some new ones from PST and they were a big improvement over the originals.

I also used OEM bushings on the front and it drives much better and is quiet.

Unless you have a sway bar and intend to push the car harder in turns, the reinforcement plates are not much benefit. The help resist deflection often caused with the sway bar pushing and pulling on the control arm.
I made my own and welded them in because I like my car to handle as well as I can make it. A cruiser or drag car will likely never benefit from these things.

I sent mine out to Firm Feel , It was well worth it

Auto Transport Service
Back