• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lower dash pad restoration

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
Just got a quote from Just Dashes for the three lower pieces, glove box door and the other two pieces (see pics). Their estimate is $1,250, no artificial stitching, and 4-5 months. Extra $250 for matching color (which I'm still trying to figure out what is accurate color, these have been repainted with incorrect color I believe).
The pieces in the pics do not look that bad but there is considerable distortion. The glove box door looks best but appears to have shrunk, leaving a large gap between it and the adjacent dash pad.
I'm not that happy about the lack of stitching and this just seems expensive, alternatives to Just Dashes? Possible to purchase replacements elsewhere? What have you done?

edge of glove box door.jpg front of glove box door 2.jpg lower dash pad 2.jpg lower dash pad front with ignition hole.jpg Lower left dash pad.jpg

Just got a quote from Just Dashes for the three lower pieces, glove box door and the other two pieces (see pics). Their estimate is $1,250, no artificial stitching, and 4-5 months. Extra $250 for matching color (which I'm still trying to figure out what is accurate color, these have been repainted with incorrect color I believe).
The pieces in the pics do not look that bad but there is considerable distortion. The glove box door looks best but appears to have shrunk, leaving a large gap between it and the adjacent dash pad.
I'm not that happy about the lack of stitching and this just seems expensive, alternatives to Just Dashes? Possible to purchase replacements elsewhere? What have you done?

View attachment 1106571 View attachment 1106572 View attachment 1106573 View attachment 1106574 View attachment 1106575

I just realized, through researching other options, that the middle lower pad must have been replaced. It does not have the a/c vent in it. jeez! gonna be even harder to source that.

Shop around for quality used ones. Prep and recolor them with Sem products.

I don't like the look or price of the restored ones so I always find originals when I need a replacement. They are out there. Seems like whenever I am looking, there are more ac pads available than non ac. I honestly don't think yours look terrible. None of them will give you perfect gaps...

I don't like the look or price of the restored ones so I always find originals when I need a replacement. They are out there. Seems like whenever I am looking, there are more ac pads available than non ac. I honestly don't think yours look terrible. None of them will give you perfect gaps...
The pics look better than in person. But evidently I need the middle pad with a/c. Appears someone that owned the car previously replaced the a/c pad with non a/c. The search begins....

I had all my pads redone by just dashes, u are correct no stitching and the glove box pad is more rounded then stock. The overall work looks great also I changed the color from tan to black. Now I regret it should have left the color alone and I don’t like not having the stitching and the rounded glove box door. The reason the color change i was going to paint car black now I’m going back to the stock exterior color (dark bronze ). I’m on the hunt for all the trim I had redone.

I had all my pads redone by just dashes, u are correct no stitching and the glove box pad is more rounded then stock. The overall work looks great also I changed the color from tan to black. Now I regret it should have left the color alone and I don’t like not having the stitching and the rounded glove box door. The reason the color change i was going to paint car black now I’m going back to the stock exterior color (dark bronze ). I’m on the hunt for all the trim I had redone.
That was expensive...good look in your search. I am officially looking for lower dash pads compatible with a/c.

Yes around 4500 including upper door pads and head rest. Thank u ,u as well

Auto Transport Service
Back