• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lower radiator hose spring

jprather

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
where can i get one ??

72 Satellite with a 440.

it has been running warm on long drives at highway speeds, i checked everything else and this only thing thing that i can find. I think the hose is slowly collapsing . where can i get the spring or a new hose with the spring in it ??

i guess i should measure the hose huh?

I make mine from a coated,coat hanger.
Wrap around a piece of 1 1/2'' exhaust pipe or any round piece to come up close to the 1 3/4''.
Paint the clipped ends (or not). Mine have lasted longer than the next time I removed the hose.
Cheap and easy. My 2 cents.

I have been using the one for Mustangs posted above. They seem to work just fine.

Someone on our site suggested using a yard sprinkler spring , sounded like a workable plan , had an old one on hand and it’s stainless and available, so did a little work on it and installed , very hard material but workable, bent ends in a little so as not puncher hose , now all good !

Got mine form JC pony also. Seems to be the only game in town. Stainless steel. Back in the day they where just plain metal or painted and rusted out quick.

Yes , that’s probably right only option, but some seem to think it’s not necessary, but in FSM section 7 and page 9 states that it’s necessary to keep lower hose from being sucked closed ! Just my opinion of course !

Auto Transport Service
Back