• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lug nuts

Ceedawg

Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
i want to use a weld pro star wheel and was wondering if they make the left hand lugs for a 66 car? DONT want to change to the long studs, keeping it original on that part.

Left hand studs are hard to find. Left hand lugs are still available. Do the Weld ProStars need shank style or acorns?? I know i just bought some left hand closed acorns. HTH, Lefty71

I ,personally, won't run a thick flanged wheel like the Welds with stock length studs. The stud won't protrude into the hex part of the nut and you are relying on the threads in the shank only. Not a lot of strength there. I almost lost a rear wheel on a 71 RR back in the 80s. Had the hammer down and got pretty sideways. When i got off the throttle, car felt all wobbly. Broke one stud, popped three lug nuts clean off without damaging the studs and one lug nut still holding the wheel on. Took one nut each off the other wheels to get home. After that ,it was long studs for me. As far as LH thread studs, one of the first things I did to my 68 Sat was get rid of those danged things. I was not concerned with originality.

Auto Transport Service
Back