• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lunati or Isky for roller cam

Bluefish

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
If you were looking for a new solid roller cam and was looking at Lunati or Isky to pick and grind it for a 12.5:1 511, which company would you choose and why? I have used many of the other cam companies out there and just want to try a new one.

Both are great choices. We buy thousands of their products every year with no major issues.

I use to use a lot of Lunati stuff, prior to 2007
I had decent luck with them
I have custom ground Crane stuff, in my current cars
2005 (IIRC) just before the S&S buyout,
they still have a great staff

Crane use to be a loyal sponsor too,
so it's sort of payback/pay forward deal

I knew a few with Isky stuff, I usually beat regularly too :poke:
(probably not because of their camshaft choices either)
I also had use some Isky's way back in the day
probably 1980's, mostly BBC & SBC's, I never had a real issue,
none of it, not out of the norm for racecars anyway

**** happens, can't always blame it on the parts or suppliers

good luck

Last edited:
I was sponsored by Isky, way back. Great guy and great products...
63 Corvette race car #9.JPG

Thanks guys. I’m leaning toward lunati, but isky is not out of the picture. I know David Vizard likes and uses lunati and that says a bunch too.

Thanks guys. I’m leaning toward lunati, but isky is not out of the picture. I know David Vizard likes and uses lunati and that says a bunch too.
Not sure I would use Isky 'till they change owners.I had a terrible experience with Rich the owner..............:mad::mad::mad::up:

Gee, today seems like the cam company's are so different than the past. The Pro's on here have the current experience. I'd check with Bullet, they seem to have a lot of grinds that may be good for a Mopar. Never had one, so just a guess. But they do seem to understand the difference between a Chev & a Mopar.

By the way, my last roller cam in my bracket motor was a Lunati, really good power. But that was late '80's.

By the way, my last roller cam in my bracket motor was a Lunati, really good power. But that was late '80's.
Ok, thanks. Bullet has always been good to me, but i'm gonna try a different one this time just to see and I think Lunati will be it. I want something Herold Brookshire designed as he was one of the best cam designers to date.

Lunati and Bullet have a lot of the same grinds. Bullet has the Utradyne grinds (Brookshire’s brand) computerize now with some small improvements.

Lunati has some of Brookshire’s later work, so does Howard’s. Bullet has made updates and are right in there.

We ran Isky rollers in circle track cars. To me that is were Isky shines. In a drag car..not so much..

Lunati and Bullet have a lot of the same grinds. Bullet has the Utradyne grinds (Brookshire’s brand) computerize now with some small improvements.

Lunati has some of Brookshire’s later work, so does Howard’s. Bullet has made updates and are right in there.

We ran Isky rollers in circle track cars. To me that is were Isky shines. In a drag car..not so much..
Thanks for that. Now looking at Jones as well. Been reading some of his posts over on speed talk, he is a sharp guy for sure.

Start with the right core doesn't really matter who sells it as long as the lobes are correct for the purpose. Copy somebody's combo that goes quick that is similar to yours. Bottom line is the difference between a cam that's very close to for your combo and one that is perfect isn't much. The one that makes the most power may very not be maintenance friendly.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back