• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lunati Voodoo Cam

Garys1969RR

Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
I am considering putting a Lunati Roller cam in my 6 pack RR. It's the 285/295 duration, 255/263 at .050". I am running the Performer RPM heads, 4.11 gears, 3000 stall converter. Is this too much cam for this combo? 10.5 to 1 C/Ratio.

if that's a solid roller check with lunati to find out at what lift they're getting the 285/295.

Looking closer at it, they recommend 4000 stall converter, or 4/5 speed transmission and 4.56 gears. RPM range of 3200 to 7200. This looks like too much already. And isn't advertised duration measured at .006"?

Looking closer at it, they recommend 4000 stall converter, or 4/5 speed transmission and 4.56 gears. RPM range of 3200 to 7200. This looks like too much already. And isn't advertised duration measured at .006"?
most hydraulics are measured at .006", but some .004" and some .008". mechanicals are usually between .015"-.020" at the lobe.

Also noticed that some roller lifters are available that pop up when the valve train is removed. Then you can change the cam without removing the intake. Has anyone used these type roller lifters? Do they work OK?

Also noticed that some roller lifters are available that pop up when the valve train is removed. Then you can change the cam without removing the intake. Has anyone used these type roller lifters? Do they work OK?
i'd think you'd have to have some sort of "spider"/tappet guide to make something like that work. never seen it for a BB mopar.

Auto Transport Service
Back