• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lynch Road fender tag gurus

Roger63

Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
Need a little help please I did some searching and can't find a clear cut method to decode tag.
Thanks
Screenshot_20220805-184633_Messenger.jpg

I could give basics, but my book is 200 miles away
Bottom line is body and trim, engine, trans, scheduled assembly date, (and one other I can't remember)
2nd line up is body color, roof color, interior configuration, upper interior door frame color
3rd line is options (in your case, maybe stripes?) Off the top of my head, no help.
4th line are assy codes for the particular engine, rear-end, and trans installed.
Top line, first two groups are assy line codes (which line the body in white came from) and the last eight digits of the Vin.

There are experts here that can decode your tag. Off the top of my head, that's all I got, sorry.

What are you trying to find?

'69 Dodge Coronet R/T
440 4 barrel
3 spd auto with woodgrain console
Scheduled production date of May 29th, 1969
T5 Copper Metallic
Premium Vinyl Buckets seats, Saddle Tan
Dark Tan upper door frame
White vinyl top
White R/T stripe on tail end

How am I doing? Am I close?:xscuseless:

What are you trying to find?

'69 Dodge Coronet R/T
440 4 barrel
3 spd auto with woodgrain console
Scheduled production date of May 29th, 1969
T5 Copper Metallic
Premium Vinyl Buckets seats, Saddle Tan
Dark Tan upper door frame
White vinyl top
White R/T stripe on tail end

How am I doing? Am I close?:xscuseless:
Trying to determine what gear ratio came in it. It has 4.10 in it now.

4:10 would indicate that it has a Dana rear end and more commonly found on a 4 speed car. It was a not widely known option for an automatic, but I believe that it would come with heavy duty cooling and a ps cooler (if equipped with power steering).

We've done this before for another member.
IF I remember right, 593 is code for a 3.23 open 8 3/4 with drum bakes. 595 was 3.23 sure grip.
Again, from memory. Quite possibly faulty.
(And if it's an 8 3/4, it would be a 4.11, 4.10 is a dana)
917 would indicate which 440 (there were four) 093 indicates which 727.
(Edit: those 3 digit codes are the last three digits of the assembly part #)

Last edited:
It has a 8 3/4 in it someone changed the gear set at some point I just wanted to know what was supposed to be in it so I can correct it.

4:10 would indicate that it has a Dana rear end and more commonly found on a 4 speed car. It was a not widely known option for an automatic, but I believe that it would come with heavy duty cooling and a ps cooler (if equipped with power steering).
received_1695374607504513.jpeg

Is that it

593 is the code for 8 3/4”, 7290 Ujoint, 3:23 ratio, open rear end, 11” brakes

Auto Transport Service
Back