• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M&H 71 Satellite harness engine side.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
I have a few wires that I can't find in the schematic. There is a shorter blue female connector in the alternator area. Then there is a longer blue wire in the same harness that has an angled female connector. And off the same harness by the firewall connector there are 2 wires I cant figure out. One is black with a green tracer and the other is black with a white tracer. Both have single round female connectors.

My guess is the Blue longer wire is for the AC compressor. I found a semi half assed schematic showing the blue wire with the angle spade going to the pressure switch for the ac compressor.
The shorter Blue round female? Mystery solved on this one. 1) solid dark blue wire
A) carburetor solenoid, can be used if your running an electric choke
B) on carburetor

The black with the white tracer and the black with green tracer? Still cannot find these in any schematic.

IMG_4149[1].JPG
IMG_4147[1].JPG
IMG_4151[1].JPG

Last edited:
remember M&H harness will be for all 71 so you might have wires that are not for your car. My dash harness had wires for 70 charger headlights my car is a 70 Bee.

Thanks dave. I found a semi half assed schematic showing the blue wire with the angle spade going to the pressure switch for the ac compressor. That made sense to me. The other 2 Black with a green tracer and the black with the white tracer make no sense. So I will push on. lol

could those be for washer pump and or horn?

Washer pump and horns are 2 greens with red tracer and washer pump is a single brown on the passenger side of the engine bay. The 2 that I cant figure out are on the driver side near the brake booster and firewall connector. My initial thought was cruise control. However were those not pneumatically held? Maybe hood mounted turn signals for a different car? Grounding at the lights themselves?

I stand corrected.. I guess I assumed the black w green and black with white was in the engine harness. Turns out its actually in the headlight harness. This one shows for a 71 charger. They are the 2 rounded connectors on the left side of this picture.

MVC-71XHLS.jpg

BTW, all A/C related circuits are in a separate harness, not the engine harness. The blue wires pictured are Ing1, for idle solenoids or distributor retard solenoid, the longer lead with the right angle connector would be for a six-pack application.

BTW, all A/C related circuits are in a separate harness, not the engine harness. The blue wires pictured are Ing1, for idle solenoids or distributor retard solenoid, the longer lead with the right angle connector would be for a six-pack application.
Thanks man I appreciate that. I was not sure just guessing.
Hood mounted turn signal indicators.
Ok this car has fender mounted signals.. So I guess he bought both wrong harnesses. Its ok though I'll just tuck those away. Its not a show car anyhow.

Auto Transport Service
Back