• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M&H replacement under dash wiring harness?

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
I received a replacement dash harness for my 66 Hemi Satellite from M&H via Classic. I realize there are a few odd circuits I will need to swap over from the original harness to the new one - like tach and reverse lights, etc. But one thing that has me stumped though, is one of the fuse holder positions in the fuse block (accessory) is empty. My original has fuses in all six positions and circuits run to all of them plus a bunch piggy-backed ones to the rear side of the fuse block. That would seem to be an issue when trying to get it installed and everything functioning. I’ve noted several circuit color discrepancies also but they may work their way out once I trace all them out. Part number checks out with Classics catalog.

Anyone run into this (only 5 fused circuits) on a replacement harness?

thanks

Yes, that is in the plans if I run into a real, seemingly insurmountable problem. But thought I would see if anyone here had already run this issue to ground since M&H seems to be the main supplier of repro harnesses for Mopars.

I have had only 3 wires being different colors out of 4 M&H harnesses and 2 wires reversed. I would call them they are great to deal with.

I went through the bulkhead wiring against the FSM and most of the color coding is lining up OK. Being a Satellite and 4 speed I will have a couple of secondary circuits to transfer over to the new harness. The forward lighting circuit is spot on and that’s the one bulkhead group I was planning to re-use as it looked fresh. Hopefully transferring the accessory loads over to another fuse won’t create any problems. These Satellites have lots of curtesy lights all over.

Have fun and hope it all works out. :thumbsup:

I received a replacement dash harness for my 66 Hemi Satellite from M&H via Classic. I realize there are a few odd circuits I will need to swap over from the original harness to the new one - like tach and reverse lights, etc. But one thing that has me stumped though, is one of the fuse holder positions in the fuse block (accessory) is empty. My original has fuses in all six positions and circuits run to all of them plus a bunch piggy-backed ones to the rear side of the fuse block. That would seem to be an issue when trying to get it installed and everything functioning. I’ve noted several circuit color discrepancies also but they may work their way out once I trace all them out. Part number checks out with Classics catalog.

Anyone run into this (only 5 fused circuits) on a replacement harness?

thanks
Bought mine for my 66 4 speed worked perfect except no flasher harness I am pulling my hair out trying to find a 4 way flasher harness?

Can you make one based on the wiring schematics? I can’t remember from my 67 if there are any unusual terminals or components in the sub-harness.

I bought a harness for mine.

But not tried to install it yet.

The crew at M+H are excellent to deal with .I used to be a dealer for there product line. ( except wiring )

I bought a harness for mine.

But not tried to install it yet.

The crew at M+H are excellent to deal with .I used to be a dealer for there product line. ( except wiring )
I bought one from AMS today they are some good guys too! I have bought a lot of parts from them! Never a problem! Not sure if it is nos or old probably pulled from a Charger out in the Yard. I will have M+H remake them if it all works out. I wonder why people don’t add them to their Cars? I mean it’s a safety item? If I am out on the road and Break Down I want Emergency Flashers. Here in California people drive all over the place! You have to be seen!

Auto Transport Service
Back