• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M/T streets 295/65/15

383coronet

Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
How do these fit on a 69 coronet with a 10" wheel ,and what backspace ? thanks,Bill.--- I am thinking 6.5 b/s with a 1/2" spacer.What do you think?

Last edited:
I want to tuck em in as much as i can.
Mis read your thread, if you’re ordering new wheels just order correct back space. Put a flat edge on mounting face and measure to nearest obstruction frame side and fender side.

Mis read your thread, if you’re ordering new wheels just order correct back space. Put a flat edge on mounting face and measure to nearest obstruction frame side and fender side.
What about the tire? The tire will rub before the wheel will

Do you have tires on the car now?If so you have to get up in the wheelhouse and measure how much you have from the tire to the wheel house on each side and how much upward travel space you have.Then you need to measure the back space on that rim and the width to be able try and figure how much more tire you can fit.
Not easy with a stock tub!

Do you have tires on the car now?If so you have to get up in the wheelhouse and measure how much you have from the tire to the wheel house on each side and how much upward travel space you have.Then you need to measure the back space on that rim and the width to be able try and figure how much more tire you can fit.
Not easy with a stock tub![/QUY
Yes, i have 275/15 BFGs on 8.5 wheels now,and have 3" between wheel & spring and 2"from tire & spring, i think 4.5 B/S(i will check again)i also need to check up on inside W/H,Thanks again.

Last edited:
5 or 5.5 will fit, any lower and you will scrub on a standard tub.
I did some measuring yesterday,clearance between front of rear tire & w/w opening,2" L/R,3/4"R/R.Also did the string thing along both rears projected up to the front tires.String on left side 1 1/2"away from tire,right side -1/4".Then i measured spring hangers.left side 3"(from mounting surface to center of bolt) & left side 2 1/2". What a surprise ,right side must be off plymouth b body. 1/2" difference and didn't notice any dogtracking.I ordered ar hangers from mancini.

I'm running that setup on my 69 Super Bee, 10" wheel, 5.5" backspace (no spacers), with a 295/55/15 tire and that fits in the fenderwell. There's occasional inside rubbing depending on situation. I hear a rub when turning up an incline going into a gas station by me. And you can see the rubbing on the fenderwell, but not too bad.

I'm running that setup on my 69 Super Bee, 10" wheel, 5.5" backspace (no spacers), with a 295/55/15 tire and that fits in the fenderwell. There's occasional inside rubbing depending on situation. I hear a rub when turning up an incline going into a gas station by me. And you can see the rubbing on the fenderwell, but not too bad.
Great to hear, thanks.Sure like to see a pic if you have one.

Here's some different pics of the 295/55 tires on the 10" wheel, backspaced 5.5".

IMG_0907.JPG IMG_0908.JPG IMG_0911.JPG IMG_0912.JPG IMG_3706 - Copy.JPG 20151002_170207.jpg Bee at Morris 062018.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back