• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M/W carbs

63SPF

MOPAR 4 LIFE ! MOPAR OR BUST ! PLYMOUTH'S RULE !
Local time
10:27 PM
Reaction score
Aloha my friends, I'm looking for a matched set of afb. Carbs for my 63 M/W build. Some of my parts are 64, so carbs of that year are ok also. Any info or help would be "oh so sweet.". Many thanks & mahalo C

Ya, my car is a clone. So no need numbers matching. Just need a good set I don't have to worry about.

max.jpg
I use holley,s no ones complained yet to me and they look great also

View attachment 671118

When I bought MAX in '85 he had a pair of 600s. I picked up a pair of 3705s. They are rated at 750 but i've been told they are 700-725 actual. I have a mismatched pair of 3447s that came with the car. One is a 3447SA, C3 production and the other is a 3447S, E2 production. I need another C3 to be correct and yeah that pair of C3s on Ebay is a little pricey

Dvorak Machine in Florida sells the correct throttle arms and the Eddy cards already with the correct arms installed.

Aloha my friends, I'm looking for a matched set of afb. Carbs for my 63 M/W build. Some of my parts are 64, so carbs of that year are ok also. Any info or help would be "oh so sweet.". Many thanks & mahalo C

You can save yourself a lot of money if you buy new Edelbrock carbs and use a linkage kit for the newer carbs: http://arengineering.com/products/max-wedge-cross-ram/

It won't be "factory correct" although if the factory was doing it today this might be the way they would do it. You'll spend a lot less money and it will most likely run better with the new carbs.

If I was going to build a Max Wedge looking car these days I'd go fuel injection with dual throttle bodies but I suppose I'll leave that for another thread. The MW guys tend to get red in the face if you suggest using different model number carbs yet alone mention EFI...........

You can save yourself a lot of money if you buy new Edelbrock carbs and use a linkage kit for the newer carbs: http://arengineering.com/products/max-wedge-cross-ram/

It won't be "factory correct" although if the factory was doing it today this might be the way they would do it. You'll spend a lot less money and it will most likely run better with the new carbs.

If I was going to build a Max Wedge looking car these days I'd go fuel injection with dual throttle bodies but I suppose I'll leave that for another thread. The MW guys tend to get red in the face if you suggest using different model number carbs yet alone mention EFI...........

The MW guys tend to get red in the face if you
suggest using different model number carbs yet alone
mention EFI,or something else!!

Picture 156.jpg

Picture 620.jpg

Also Q's @ that power brake set up. Will. M/W exhaust manis fit under it ?
I think it's possible to use the M/W manifolds under that power brake setup. Look how high the firewall bracket moves the master cylinder up, it's almost even with the top of the front fender.

I think it's possible to use the M/W manifolds under that power brake setup. Look how high the firewall bracket moves the master cylinder up, it's almost even with the top of the front fender.

They are this close to the master cylinder,if they would,heat could be a problem !

P1280434.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back