• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mad Dog won't be coming off the top rope anymore

was he not also referred to as the butcher?:eusa_think:

well anyway they were fun to watch, he put on a good show.

That was his brother. I agree, they were fun to watch. My mother-in-law watches that stuff every night.

I grew up in Minneapolis watching Mad Dog and the Baron on local TV, those guy s spent most of their career wrestling in the Minneapolis-based AWA. Lots of wrestlers got their start in the AWA - Jesse the Body, etc...The AWA was huge years before the WWF and all the stuff that came later.

[video=youtube_share;G22rzJWVrlQ]http://youtu.be/G22rzJWVrlQ[/video]

Oh yes, I remember watching the grapping/wrestling stuff from my youth, when my Grandpa Ernie {mother's father} was working for KTVU Channel 2 as a ref for Big Time Wrestling & the Roller Derby {was a Ma Bell phone tech. guy for his regular job}, I would go with him occasionally & watch the filming every once in a while, when they did filming down in Jack London Square @ the studios in Oakland area...... I remember him saying "don't believe anything you see, it's all scripted"... My ol' Pops still loves watching that crap still today... I still think it's all scripted...LOL... RIP Mad Dog

I grew up in Minneapolis watching Mad Dog and the Baron on local TV, those guy s spent most of their career wrestling in the Minneapolis-based AWA. Lots of wrestlers got their start in the AWA - Jesse the Body, etc...The AWA was huge years before the WWF and all the stuff that came later.

I liked Stan Pulaski. Reggie Parks was another favorite. A lot of the guys in the Gagne stable used to do a lot of county fairs and local events in the area.

I lived in MN for a while and worked at a video store. I used to rent movies to Jumpin Jim Brunzel. I took my life into my own hands one night as I cut off Curt Henning and Mr. Perfect in a beer line at a bar.

It's Time For Aaalll Staaaaarr Wrestling!!!
I used to love watching it. My Dad thought it was the dumbest crap on TV.

[video=youtube_share;EsRXzNGuovQ]http://youtu.be/EsRXzNGuovQ[/video]

heard this from a friend of mine who plays THE ALMIGHTY SHEIK.too bad,mad dog was a blast to listen too.still very strange to meet pro wrestlers as normal people and have them drop into charicter when a fan comes up.

Auto Transport Service
Back