• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum 500 Wheel Dilemma

rikubot

Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Hi everybody I have a '69 Charger that I want to look pretty close to stock, but have a little beefier wet of wheels. I am sure that I want the Magnum 500s, but i DON'T want to do any modification to the rear end and such. What I am asking is, Could anybody with these wheels post pix and dimensions for me to look at? preferably on 68-70 chargers. Any help is much appreciated!

i dont have a 69 charger....i have a 70 road runner with mag 500's . the rims are 7x15 with a 4.25 backset.....the tires are 255-60-15. this filled out the wheel wells and no issues at all and give the whole car a "fatter" look. i think THE BIGMAN has them on his RR too....heres pix ... its the best i can do for ya ... roadrunner rallye wheels 009.jpgroadrunner rallye wheels 004.jpgroadrunner rallye wheels 013.jpg

i dont have a 69 charger....i have a 70 road runner with mag 500's . the rims are 7x15 with a 4.25 backset.....the tires are 255-60-15. this filled out the wheel wells and no issues at all and give the whole car a "fatter" look. i think THE BIGMAN has them on his RR too....heres pix ... its the best i can do for ya ...

Thank you tpodwdog! She's beautiful.....0_0

Here's a good video. The 15x8 fill out the quarters really nice. That's what I'm going with on my 70 RR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOJGUiU78cQ

This Charger has been updated with some brand new 15x8 Magnum 500 wheels and BFG tires. (295/50/15 in back and 245/60/15 up front) This beauty sits right and drives tight

I came to the right place when I joined this site. you guys are amazing and i love you all

- - - Updated - - -

Heres some pics of my Charger:

IMAG0367.jpgIMAG0368.jpgIMAG0369.jpgIMAG0371.jpg

I came to the right place when I joined this site. you guys are amazing and i love you all

- - - Updated - - -

Heres some pics of my Charger:

nice find. where abouts in colorado are you? im in the springs

- - - Updated - - -

not mine but heres one. this car was for sale in denver a while back

Attachments

• slant69.jpg
    slant69.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 964
Here's a good post about this. I like 15x8 all the way around.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=60415.0;all

I think im gonna go with exactly what you go goin on. looks so good!

- - - Updated - - -

nice find. where abouts in colorado are you? im in the springs

- - - Updated - - -

not mine but heres one. this car was for sale in denver a while back

I'm from Pueblo just about 35 min south of you springs guys.

what year charger is your baby?

ooh that '69 is gorgeous probably a 100 pt car!

i dont have a 69 charger....i have a 70 road runner with mag 500's . the rims are 7x15 with a 4.25 backset.....the tires are 255-60-15. this filled out the wheel wells and no issues at all and give the whole car a "fatter" look. i think THE BIGMAN has them on his RR too....heres pix ... its the best i can do for ya ...View attachment 100774View attachment 100775View attachment 100776

NAW ran out of money, house, wife, kids sports, high cost of living in NorCal etc blah blah blah still tryin to pay off he 493 lmao but what dawg has is exactly what i want and plan on getting look at the check out screen every week dreaming lol

I think im gonna go with exactly what you go goin on. looks so good!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm from Pueblo just about 35 min south of you springs guys.

what year charger is your baby?

ooh that '69 is gorgeous probably a 100 pt car!

that is awesome you found a 69 down there ! we never see those pop up down south, is that where you got it? i use to live in pueblo and few years ago. i used run around in a 71 R/T primer gray with rallyes. i dont have that one anymore , unfortunately.

that is awesome you found a 69 down there ! we never see those pop up down south, is that where you got it? i use to live in pueblo and few years ago. i used run around in a 71 R/T primer gray with rallyes. i dont have that one anymore , unfortunately.

Ya my dad bought it about 15 years ago in the bessemer part of town. I think he said he payed 24 hundred for it. I'm tryin to fix her up with slim knowledge and not a great amount of cash. This forum has been a real help as of yet

That's a nice charger. Most of us here are building our cars on a budget too. If you go with the magnum 500 rims, I think somebody here was looking for the hubcaps you have on your car. If you were thinking of selling them.

That's a nice charger. Most of us here are building our cars on a budget too. If you go with the magnum 500 rims, I think somebody here was looking for the hubcaps you have on your car. If you were thinking of selling them.

Thank you and thanks for the advice! I would definitely sell them. I don't think they are correct for my year anyway and I would be afraid they would pop off the way my car handles around corners, Much Iike the charger on bullet Haha! How would I go about finding the person looking for these hubcaps? Just search forums?
Sorry I'm such a noob, not too experienced in the forum area :/

Auto Transport Service
Back