• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum 500's/Road Wheels won't fit my '66 Coronet wheel hubs??? Help please...

I can't speak for aftermarket parts, but I had a 73 challenger with the 10.95 unicast rotors that had 14 " magnums from the factory. If you have the 11 3/4" rotors then you will need 15" wheels at least. Dr. Diff could probably help you out with that.

I can't speak for aftermarket parts, but I had a 73 challenger with the 10.95 unicast rotors that had 14 " magnums from the factory. If you have the 11 3/4" rotors then you will need 15" wheels at least. Dr. Diff could probably help you out with that.
Actually, I just ordered the 11.75" rotors from Dr Diff a couple of days ago. I am planning on going to the 15" rims. I'd like to put 15x9 rear, 15x8 front. Not 100% the 15x8 will work up front...I really don't want them to rub.

I have Factory Ferd 15" Magnum 500's on Charger #2 and they fit just fine. I did have to open up the I.D. of the front of the wheel to accept the Mopar caps. Did nothing to the inside diameter to fit on car at all.

20200919_150810.jpg 20200919_150644.jpg

If you are fitting non-stock wheels, it would be best to confirm the centring hole size on the back side of the wheel. Mopars use hub centric wheel locating (the hub fits snugly in the hole in the back of the wheel to centre it). Since many aftermarket wheels are built to fit multiple applications they usually have oversize hub bores, and so have to centre on the lug studs and nuts. There are companies that make centring rings that have a centre bore the size of Mopar hubs and various outside diameters to fit snugly in the wheel centre bore (I purchased aluminum rings for my Torque Thrust II wheels from JustForWheels.com). This gets you back to the hub centric setup our cars were designed with while using our choice of aftermarket wheels. Hope this helps. Cheers!

My dad had the same problem.
The aftermarket hubs are larger.
I put the hubs on my lathe and turned the O.D. of the hub down for clearance.
Everything was fine

Auto Transport Service
Back