• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magnum Force complaint - I hate to Say This (I really don't)

retroron

Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
A friend and I were coming back from a shake down cruise to the coast last Sunday (Half Moon Bay, CA) prepatory to Hot August nights in Reno. So after a great day, with lunch of oysters and streamed clams, we headed home (Livermore, CA). About 20 miles from home, the sway bar link came free of the front tubular sway bar right side and pole vaulted into the right front inner tie rod assembly and bent the tie rod, sheared the bumpsteer sleeve and bent the lower control arm drag link connector. Luckily we weren't going all that fast and I got the car off the road with out barrel rolling it. The Dart has a Magnum Force front end, so Monday I Called Magnum Force to ask for their help in obtaining a replacement bumpsteer sleeve so I could fix the car. I was asked for pictures so I sent 2 or 3. I didn't get a response so I called MF. I was told "we never sold a part like that". Interesting, because the person who told me that was the person who loaded the front end K member tubular front end in my pick up when I bought it. The person refused to help and hung up on me. Twenty two hours of Internet time later I found a what appears to be a replacement sleeve from RaceCraft.
So my weekend at Reno Hot August Night are done. So is the $1100.00 in hotel and registration fees I paid.
SO IF ANYONE ASKS THE QUESTION MAGNUM FORCE OR RMS ALTERKATION, you should opt for RMS, because Magnum Force will not be there for you if you need help. In fact they don't seem to give a ****. And I don't know anyone at RMS never talked them, but I sure wish I had. Put more simply, "stay away from Magnum Force".

I keep hearing more and more bad stories about Magnum Force and their shitty products and customer service. I can’t see how a company like that will stay in business by treating customers who pay damn good money that way. It’s not like their parts are cheap!

Seems like Celebrity status and class. Shoulder length hair movie star bullshit.

Magnum Farce is the Harbor Freight of suspension components.

Thanks Guys. Nothing like word-of-mouth advertising! You just saved a ton of aggrivation
for lots of other people.

Kinda funny. My gameplan on my GTX was to go full Magnum Force suspension. Not now.
My advise is "stay away". Not their fault the sway bar disconnected but to refuse to help and to deny that they supplied the parts is beyond belief. I didn't ask for free parts, didn't accuse them of being responsible, just asked for help. Their attitude was "F" you. And wasn't nickel and dime money, I dripped about $9600 with them.

I'm making this a sticky thread for now - anyone else want to share their experiences?
Thread title altered to let everyone see this complaint.
This sounds really bad.

My advise is "stay away". Not their fault the sway bar disconnected but to refuse to help and to deny that they supplied the parts is beyond belief. I didn't ask for free parts, didn't accuse them of being responsible, just asked for help. Their attitude was "F" you. And wasn't nickel and dime money, I dripped about $9600 with them.

Did you get a name of the person that told you to F off, as you make no mention of a name?
I doubt it!
Did you ask to speak with Management? How about to the dude that helped load it?
I doubt it!
Finally, Did you file a complaint with the BBB?
I even doubt that too!
I just love how people come on the web and bash the snot of a company because of bad service or some other thing. But yet they make no mention of having done, or doing anything to get a resolution except to vent their problem on the web! They will never get the problem fixed that way, I just don't get it? Good Luck

Did you get a name of the person that told you to F off, as you make no mention of a name?
I doubt it!
Did you ask to speak with Management? How about to the dude that helped load it?
I doubt it!
Finally, Did you file a complaint with the BBB?
I even doubt that too!
I just love how people come on the web and bash the snot of a company because of bad service or some other thing. But yet they make no mention of having done, or doing anything to get a resolution except to vent their problem on the web! They will never get the problem fixed that way, I just don't get it? Good Luck
Yes, I did get the name of the person, I chose not to make it public, it would serve no purpose.
The first email went to the owner, who never responded.
Publicly shaming the individual would accomplish nothing.

Last edited:
The BBB is a joke. So is their process. There is nothing the BBB can do. In fact since the vendor pays the BBB to be a member guess whose side the BBB is on?

I spent about 22 hours researching parts on the internet to find the part and a vendor to sell me the part so I can put the car back together. All of that could have been avoided if I had been told the correct name of the part or the manufacturer. M.F refused to help me. So my point is if you buy from them you're on you own.
Naming individuals doesn't accomplish anything, it was clear they weren't going to help.

I nosed around at the possibility of using their front kit. (I believe it's in a series kits depending on how extensive.) But this is not the first complaint. Will certainly reconsider.

I’ve worked with people in the past who suddenly don’t have first names on the job. Hiding on the job makes for lousy employees. Ashamed. Afraid. How about unaccountable.

So....exactly what are you doing with the front end of the car? Is this for drag racing, street stuff or all out corner burning?

So....exactly what are you doing with the front end of the car? Is this for drag racing, street stuff or all out corner burning?
In my case? On an e-body build I'm looking for front shock tower relief in need of exhaust room. (Yes, motor is that big.) For an "Over the Top" Street/Drag race setup. (What our track is calling "King Street" class.)

Cuda.png Cuda.png

My car is just a street rod, best described as street touring. Keep in mind I didn't say their product was junk, what I said was they had zero interest in helping me get the car back on the road, in fact they denied the failed part was supplied by them.

Auto Transport Service
Back