• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

magnumforce lowering spindles

big66440

Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
Hi there guys,I'm pretty much new to this forum,I'm more active over at FABO but anyway here it goes,has anyone bought or used or even heard of anyone try those 2" lowering spindles from magnumforce? I have a 66 Coronet 500 that will be getting a 440/727 in pretty soon(hopefully soon),it will be a stout street car that will see A LOT of use whenever possible,thanks.

I have my 66 Coronet set up fairly low without the use of any aftermarket parts other than a set of the Mopar Performance extra heavy duty rear leaf springs, so I'm not sure you will really need to buy those spindles. By using lower profile tires and adjusting your torsion bars, along with setting up the rear axle assembly and leaf springs properly, you should be able to achive the desired ride height you're looking for.

Richard

1966Coronet500-Nov20081.gif

1966Coronet500-Nov20082.gif

1966Coronet500-Nov200811.gif

Thats a sweet looking 66, hows the ride on it? that looks just about right were I want mine including the wheels,thanks for the reply.

Thats a sweet looking 66, hows the ride on it? that looks just about right were I want mine including the wheels,thanks for the reply.

Thank you very much for your nice comments on my Coronet! It's ride is harsher than stock, because I used poly bushing when I rebuilt the front suspension, as well as using poly bushings on the Mopar Performance extra heavy duty leaf springs, plus I upgraded to a new set of the Mopar Performance .960 torsion bars and also added a set of KYB shocks on all four corners The front brakes have also been upgraded from the original 10" power drum brakes, to a new set of the Master Power 11" power disc brakes with the upgraded drilled and slotted rotors.

Ok, so I TOTALLY screwed up when I told you that I didn't use any aftermarket parts, but I DIDN'T use any aftermarket spindles to lower the car! :grin::rolling:

Richard

Man,I'm planning on building mine similar to yours,do you have power or manual brakes?

nevermind guess I missed the "power":grin: part

By the way, I have copies of the factory 1966 and 67 Parts Books and a copy of the factory 1966 Service manual along with other reference books, so if I can be of any help with part numbers or other information on the 66-67 Coronet's, please let me know and I will be very happy to help you out. You can e-mail me anytime at [email protected]

Richard

1966 Coronet 500 - Nov 2008 #10.jpg

Thank you very much for your support,it's hard to find a good helping hand these days.

Auto Transport Service
Back