• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

make an Eagle carport your next garage

RamRunner

Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
After about a year of shopping around, many contractor bids, and pals offering to help build a garage, I decided on an Eagle carport with wall options.

GOPR0028.JPG GOPR0027.JPG GOPR0026.JPG GOPR0029.JPG GOPR0030.JPG GOPR0031.JPG

Sorry for all the clutter on the inside, it doesn't always look like this. It's what happens when I going from one project to the next (right now I have 3 going on at the same time.

This summer I plan on insulating. Also just checked the website is back up at eaglecarports.com.

That would be assessed and taxed as a garage, here.

It looks like you left the air compressor running and it was leaking! Must have a good seal. :)

P.S. I like it. I may have to look into those. Do you know if they have a good snow load rating?

I live in KY, so I would open the Triple Blue link, decide on style (I have regular style), choose your width, and length, scroll down select leg height (I have 8'), choose close both sides, and close both ends. Insulation is optioned now (not when I got mine), trust me you want it!, select trim, select roll up door(s), and walk in door, and maybe a window (nice to see outside).

Best part is you schedule with the dealer for an install date, they show up and put it up in a few hours, by the way even though it is a carport, you still need a building permit.

It looks like you left the air compressor running and it was leaking! Must have a good seal. :)

P.S. I like it. I may have to look into those. Do you know if they have a good snow load rating?
As far as snow loads go, I'm not sure. Our snow here is hit and miss. I do know the option a heavier gauge metal, I believe I got 14.

I'm in FL. Insulation isn't needed here unless I am installing ac witch I'm to poor to do. I don't see a FL. Link I guess they don't sell in my area . Oh well I'm sure there's other brands around here

For those in the South, try carolinacarports

I've been happy with mine, and they have a price configurator online based on dimensions, materials and options you select.

I saved a bunch by getting a side and gable end only model, and purchasing my doors separately and installing them and the rear wall myself.

...and they do meet FL hurricane codes.

Mine only had to be 120 MPH, but I upgraded to all 150 MPH options except one (stud spacing) for about $200.

I have an very early thread on here about doing that- might be in the "what did you do to day" thread.

Is it anchored to the concrete. Around here I wouldon't be concern with wind. Other than that it looks like a good option.

All you people who need permits to build a carport.... wow. I guess I take for granted the luxury of being a backwoods hayseed living in an area where minding ones own business the most important aspect of being a good neighbor.

I'm in FL. Insulation isn't needed here unless I am installing ac witch I'm to poor to do. I don't see a FL. Link I guess they don't sell in my area . Oh well I'm sure there's other brands around here
The insulation is for the HEAT! hot inside with the metal radiating the heat inside.

Oh everything is hot here fans fix that and silver dollar paint

Mine's anchored to the ground.

I could afford the $5000 30x26 "pole carport", the $450 back wall, and the $1100 roll up doors, but not the $12,000 slab :(

Sorry for all the clutter on the inside, it doesn't always look like this. It's what happens when I going from one project to the next (right now I have 3 going on at the same time.

Your going to HELL RamRunner!
Ha Ha!
Looks great!
Congrads

Auto Transport Service
Back