• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making a Home Made Rotisserie

greycharger

Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
Bought a truck engine stand to make into a rotisserie for my little British car remodel. The Spit had a built TR6 motor, now it has a Rover V-8/ 5 speed/TVR rear diff and will get a repaint inside and out during the process. The Stand is all 1/4 inch wall and has a worm gear drive to turn the tub. If that other guy hadn't been there, I would have got it for $10... he kept me honest and made me pay $120. Couldn't buy the iron and wheels for that. When done with it, I'll sell it as there won't be another Spit-8. It's fun solving all the problems, but it takes so long to do.

P1016620.jpeg P1016639.jpeg P5060014.JPG P6160002.JPG P1010023.jpg

I built my own. After all the smoke cleared, I should have cut Auto-Twirler a $1300.00 check
and been hours ahead. Then I could sell it to the next "Enthusiast".

I made a worm gear drive out of an old boat winch when I built my rotisserie.

IMGP2166.jpg

The best things I've ever made were my 3 engine stands! Working in a maaacheeen chop sure has it's pluses! They still had a 3 point wheel set up but had no problem holding up a full dressed 440 and never turned one over. Sold one recently and thinking about selling another. There's still a 440 hanging on one so that one will be kept for a bit longer. There's been a couple of times that I thought about building or buying a rotisserie but man, they take up so much room and over the years, room has always been at a minimum.

Auto Transport Service
Back