• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

making a roller...is this the way?

waedison

Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Hi all. I've begun putting my 64 Sport Fury back together I want to make a roller out of it for awhile. I also intend to put the motor in from the bottom, so..... I think I need to put in the K member and attach some of the front end parts to do that, correct?

If so, I'll put the old parts on and not torque them down completely, then remove all of it to put in the motor and the new parts.

Your advice very much appreciated.

Yeah, pretty much as you stated. I leave the torsion bars out and tape in some 2x4x5'' blocks between the lower control arm bump stops. Usually use heavy duct tape to hold the blocks in place when you put the weight of the car on them. Everything else just hand tight will be good enough to roll the body around.
Ive been rolling my 63 project around the shop like that for about 6 years now.

AT-MPC-2.jpg
Why don't you buy/build a body cart for the front end so you don't have to assemble the K-frame
and all of the other parts?

Yeah, pretty much as you stated. I leave the torsion bars out and tape in some 2x4x5'' blocks between the lower control arm bump stops. Usually use heavy duct tape to hold the blocks in place when you put the weight of the car on them. Everything else just hand tight will be good enough to roll the body around.
Ive been rolling my 63 project around the shop like that for about 6 years now.

Thanks for that. Appreciate it. /Butch

I made the same for my Challenger at one time.

Auto Transport Service
Back