• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Making a wooden Cup holder

pjm8047

Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there that has made a wooden transmission hump cup holder for a automatic bench seat b body? I have a column shift 71 RR with bench seats. I’m willing to pay someone to make me one or if they’re available someplace with a cup holder and a cell phone holder? Thanks

Last edited:
Interesting!
I am a cabinet maker and can surely make something like that, but don't have a pattern or a car from which to make one.
My car has a bench seat
I'll give it more thought though.
ruffcut

Last edited:
I made one for my manual steering, manual trans 69 D200, out of (Luan?) thin wood floor underlayment. I am by no means a wood working guy, at all but, I made it myself, & covered it with material (pleather) I got from a near-by Arts & Crafts store. I fastened it all together with a T-50 stapler with 3/8" staples & wood glue. It came out really good, especially for a first timer. If I can make one, you can too, & you can build it to your needs. It was actually kind of fun making it also.

Interesting!
I am a cabinet maker and can surely make something like that, but don't have a pattern or a car from which to make one.
My car has a bench seat
ruffcut

I would use a hardwood species of your choice.
Either cover w/fabric or stain and poly.
Just spitballing of course now.

Interesting!
My car has a bench seat
ruffcut
Cool thanks. Let me know

Quick update. Wanted let you guys know i ended up buying a cup holder from cup holders plus Mopar Consoles & Cup Holders w/ Storage | CupHoldersPlus
Just put it in the roadrunner no drilling necessary. Looks great!!

6154808E-71B0-4076-82D4-2E2B4F312D8C.jpeg

Last edited:
If you need more cupholders, this is what my dad used back in the day. Great for holding a bottle of Ensure.

5023192D-F6FB-4E5E-94BA-3AAF2998E57A.jpeg

NOT! What I envisioned at all! Very generic

But it works. This is 100 times better then the $8 cup holder from autozone i tried. I Could’ve gotten something with storage but too expensive for me. Check out some of the other items they offer good stuff . Im happy with it and it looks good. Its not a daily driver I don’t need something big. I said ill im looking for it a cup holder and a cell phone holder. Drink in one holder and phone in the other it’s perfect.

Last edited:
But it works. This is 100 times better then the $8 cup holder from autozone i tried. I Could’ve gotten something with storage but too expensive for me. Check out some of the other items they offer good stuff . Im happy with it and it looks good. Its not a daily driver I don’t need something big. I said ill im looking for it a cup holder and a cell phone holder. Drink in one holder and phone in the other it’s perfect.
My 68 NewYorker cup holder, I bought Corvette cup holder, cut off the retaining pegs and moved the location to the outside with HD plastic garden stakes JB welded

DSC06886.JPG

DSC06887.JPG

Last edited:
I have a '71 as well but buckets with a buddy seat. How is it secured if no drilling? I looked at the site and for black, it said it was a special color and allow 14-16 weeks? Unless I fat fingered a option
Theres metal tabs you can bend to form around the trans hump and the bottom of the cupholder is lined with the same material you use to line toolbox drawers. Unless your jumping ditches like the general lee its not going anywhere.
I picked sierra black they had it in stock the one without the storage compartment

I have a '71 as well but buckets with a buddy seat. How is it secured if no drilling? I looked at the site and for black, it said it was a special color and allow 14-16 weeks? Unless I fat fingered a option
The package from the cup holder i got came from this company. I think cupholders plus is a 3rd party company.
Classic Consoles Products - Classic Consoles

When I installed a console from another ride in my ’63, had done a long web search for available cup holders. Tons to be had. Got these from a site selling marine (boat) supplies that were close for the diameter and depth I needed. Friend worked at a tool & die shop finding scrap aluminum we machined to make the cup holder and gauge plate. Sold the original console to have something more functional to my preference

Console 3 pic.jpg

Remember the "ashtrays" there was? Looked the same but instead of a cup holder, was a cigarette ash tray? Dang, I'm old
Yeah, never enough butt trays back when. The original console I swapped out had two, now I only have three left, lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back