• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

making door panels?

Best bet is thin masonite. I made some out of PVC election signs but they were to thick with all the material to fit under the top door trim piece on my Coronet. Ive heard of people using the thin vinyl that HD lowes has for like laudry room walls as well but its possible with our Texas heat those would warp over time.

they keep the same material and thickness
4x8 sheets at my local home depot

I did not know they still make Masonite!!!! And it should be inexpensive at lest it was 40 years ago!!

Yeah, its the same stuff they make peg board out of. HD/lowes carry it in sheets with or without holes.

You will need the curved sheet metal pieces that go at the top of the panels. They hook over the top of the inner door frame, the window fuzzies also attach to them.

I've made them from Masonite and the original fiber board. You will need a Dremel or a drywall router to cut the rectangle holes for the retaining clips. You can pop rivet the steel sections to the Masonite. Just made these for my wife's 67 Gladiator. Its white faced 1/8" Marlite I had laying around. The 64 racecar are made from Masonite.
1125121552.jpg
20191231_185547.jpg

Doug

Last edited:
I've made them from Masonite and the original fiber board. You will need a Dremel or a drywall router to cut the rectangle holes for the retaining clips. You can pop rivet the steel sections to the Masonite. Just made these for my wife's 67 Gladiator. Its white faced 1/8" Marlite I had laying around. The 64 racecar are made from Masonite.View attachment 974978 View attachment 974977
Doug
Did you make the "squares" by stitching or a heat deal??? Those look really good!

Mine is stitched. A buddy of mine built a die and pressed his. Actually worked good.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back