• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man on the Moon! July 20, 1969

I don't recall seeing or hearing we did claim the moon. I will bet, however, that had Russia or China beat us there THEY sure as hell would have!

8555b0c33efb4466e1e28d3a4f50f362.jpg

Fake+moon+landing+tags+this+is+description_afddbc_4444674.jpg

The Science Channel is playing all kinds of shows on this today. Old interviews with astronauts about how things were done is very interesting.

I lived these days of the great space race!

And at the same time, in Chelsea, Michigan, these guys were lapping the high speed oval over 200 mph, shaking down the new Dodge Charger Daytona...

glotzbach buddy baker dc-93,  #88 dodge charger daytona 1969.jpg

Last edited:
Back when stock cars were stock cars!

Just think...those space gadgets were made by the lowest bidder...

Lowest bidder and designed with a slide rule and determination. The computer used on both the Columbia and Eagle were less powerful than a current cell phone.

July 20th., also Chappaquiddick!

A time when America was unstoppable. This is the 40th Anniv. website where you can listen to the entire mission from launch to splashdown. VERY moving! My mom was 5 months pregnant with me http://wechoosethemoon.org/

I watched it on a small B&W portable TV in a campground. I was 11 years old, and my family was traveling across the country from Colorado to Virginia at the time in a 1962 Chrysler station wagon. We had rented a space for the night somewhere in Kansas. This was earlier that same year, when my Dad graduated from CSU. I am the geeky lookin kid...

1962 pic.JPG

WE were the bad asses in the space race...
NASA was the ****, "The Right Stuff"
we didn't need rides from the Russians or Chinese
we were the real leaders...
I remember it well, just a few (8) days after my 10th B-day...
I was glued to the TV, 19" black & white, all 3 channels...
Rare for me, I was never inside in the summer...
I so wanted to be an Astronaut as a kid...
They were, my early true heros, I was so proud to be an American...

'Space Force Baby'

All that money and technology to get to the moon, and Alan Shepherd finds time for a spot of golf up there. :lol:

lunar-golf-247661_thumb.jpg

That's great. :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

I remember seeing the moon landing on television, at my aunt and uncles house. They lived right next door to me. I still live there to this day. Those were cool times, Chargers Road Runners, and lots of other cool cars being built here in America, by Americans!

Auto Transport Service
Back