Local Time:
    7:19 PM

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  2. khryslerkid

khryslerkid FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    8:19 PM
    Ok, I'll say it first. Always check what's in the box the minute you receive it.

Now you have to order another pair but the opposite sides. I bet their inventory was off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • hangn0ut

hangn0ut Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      5:19 PM
      Not if somebody else who hasent opened the box yet got the other miss match. LOL.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Disagree Disagree x 1
      • hangn0ut

hangn0ut Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Ordered a manifold from mancini years ago, about 1990. Got the manifold and got double-billed. It was corrected.

• khryslerkid

Local Time:
        I guess if I was in the same boat and had the extra money, I would contact them and tell them what took place. I'm hoping they have stampings to id them. Then order each opposite one and sell the set you don't want. You'll recoup some of the money. They might even give you a discount.

• beanhead

beanhead Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Sheesh come on mancini. I like them but they've done this bonehead stuff to me too. Ordered a 440 distributor and got a 383 unit with 440 labling. Another time they sent me later 70s motor mounts in the '68-'72 box...always got the right stuff shipped ASAP with no extra charge to me though.

• 72golddustermike

72golddustermike FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
        Well no help from mancini. They said it had been to long since they were purchased. I mean really i thought that they would make it right being that it was thier name on the box that was purchased. If it was a small purchase i may understand but come on a set of high dollar headers. I am not happy!

• beanhead

beanhead Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Oops I missed the part in the original post about 'purchased years ago'.....I hate to say it dude, but...you're hosed. Can't really fault mancini now. Sorry for your mishap, tough lessons to learn always suck that's for sure.

Rule #1 when doing mail-order..because mistakes happen. I know that doesn't help now but I bet you'll check everything close from now on!

• Agree Agree x 1
        • Billccm

Billccm Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          6:19 PM
          I do some business with mancini. I have learned that you must call them to get any customer service as they never answer email.
          I also unpack and check every order from any vendor the day received. Learned that painful lesson with InLine tube.
          Sorry this happened to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
          • khryslerkid

Local Time:
            Lesson learned. I got stuck once or twice by not checking out what I received until I was ready to install the part. You can't trust anything now days. I even found damaged parts and thats not good. I got to the point of even taking pictures of the package before opening it. Then a couple of pics as I open. That way you have documentation for a replacement if you find the wrong or damaged part. Buying used parts can go wrong too during shipment or packaging.

I even recieved two new radiators once! They double ordered it somehow. I'm not a thief so I sent one back after notifying the seller.

Like I posted earlier, maybe buying the opposite pieces they might give you a discount. I wonder if you can buy just one side i-dont-know-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Agree Agree x 2
            • 72golddustermike

Local Time:
              Ok to clarify things up my dad did open headers earlier this year when he was moving. Hell he didnt know what he was looking at i had the car and engine 4 hours away. Mancinis emailed back accusing me of trying to lie and defensive. They did offer to sale me a header at cost plus shipping "since i put it out on the web". Here is thier reply.

Looking into this, your original statement was that the box was not opened. The reply said that the box was opened and removed from the box. My boss said the best he can do is sell you the one side at our cost along with freight from TTI.

Quoted from your original email:

“I am contacting you to see if you could help with a set headers my dad bought some years ago and never opened”.

Quoted from your reply:

“As far as purchase history my dad had bought from yall for years prior to 2007. I am sure the box and wrapping are gone as he has moved to a new house this year”.

Now that you put it out on the web our offer still stands that we will sell you one header at our cost. According to the reducer images the headers are not TTI, they must be CPPA headers. TTI never chrome plated their reducers, just zinc plated.

As I originally said that the headers were purchased over 15 to 20 years ago. The responsibility is also on the customer too to make sure they received the correct part. We put a label on our packages that states you have 10 days to make sure you received the correct parts.

Regards,

Rob

• 1967coronet440

1967coronet440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
              Can’t really ask for much more for something bought so long ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
              • 72golddustermike

Local Time:
                Not saying anything about what they offered that was fine. It was the way i was treated like i was lieng.

• 1967coronet440

1967coronet440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
                Well if those quotes from their email are correct you did contradict yourself, look at it from their point of view.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
                By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.