• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mancini (Harland Sharp) vs Comp Cams Pro Magnum Roller Rockers Kits

Snook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
First off, I don't have a problem with the quality on either set; I bought the MRE/HS set first (MRE57001-15-714K) and then went to the Comp cams set - the Comp Cam set is far superior but they cost significantly more as well. $511 for the MRE/HS and a Summit price of $778.95 (1621-16) for the Comp Cams Pro Magnum shaft kit. The MRE/HS rockers have no offset, either intake or exhaust. Both sets come with all the hardware and are complete sets.

That said, the MRE/HS is for iron OEM heads like the 906. You can make them work on aluminum heads but you are going to really have to work them over to get a good intake valve tip to roller alignment, see pics (the MRE/HS units are red anodized and the mounts are blue anodized. The CC units are a business-like black/gray. The CC's Pro Magnums come out of the wrappers fully assembled and line up correctly (they are offset like typical mopar convention).

The steel CC's are bushed nicely while the MRE/HS units are aluminum and are not bushed. The CC's use a cup style adjuster, so you will need a standard ball-ball pushrod while the MRE/HS rockers use a ball style adjuster, so you will need a cup-ball pushrod for those.

I wanted to put this out there so you'll be aware of the differences before you buy. The MRE/HS units will be fine for OEM iron heads but if you want to use them on aftermarket aluminum heads (Stealth or Edelbrock, etc.) you will most likely need to do some heavy clearancing on the intake side pushrod holes. The other thing to consider is that MRE offers a 10 day return policy - I bought them and didn't open them up to fit them for a month, so that's on me. Anyway, check the pics for the story.

Chuck

DSC_8706.jpg DSC_8710.jpg DSC_8711.jpg View attachment 1172410 View attachment 1172411 View attachment 1172412 DSC_8702.jpg DSC_8703.jpg DSC_8704.jpg DSC_8705.jpg

In my experience ALL my rockers on my BB Mopars needed to be fit with shims to get proper placement on the valve tip. That includes Isky ductiles, Crane ductiles, Crane Golds, Hughes. Haven't checked the Comp Magnums I have. If you build a non stock motor you need to make things fit properly.

Comp Magnums are good stuff. Heavy yes, and for sure more expensive than the Mancini set but probably the last set of rockers you will ever buy.

My friend and I used the Comps on his Stealth-headed 438” stroker. Everything lined up nicely including the valve tip pattern.

This is more for my own education. In the original post of the Mancini rockers, and miss alignment . In order to fix that problem you would need to position of the pushrod, or the position of the rocker arm on the shaft? Or both?

I don't know what rockers you have from Mancini but they look like the small block. This is what my Mancini big block rocker set MRE57001-15 looks like......

mancini rockers 001.JPG

I think you may received the big block shafts and small block rockers.

They are exactly what is shown on their webpage for that part number - no offset. I talked with MRE and they confirmed no offsets. There must have been a design change where they centered the rocker pivot points. No shimming possible without extensively working the intake pushrod tunnel on a Stealth head, that's for certain, I shimmed as much as I could. !Q52, that is what they should be but not what they are now, I'm going to borrow your pic and send it to Mancini - it may prompt a refund on their part, thanks.

See here: https://www.manciniracing.com/b15alrowibih.html

Chuck

Last edited:
There was no design change. A lack of offset would render them useless on a big block. Somebody screwed up and set you the wrong parts.

There was no design change. A lack of offset would render them useless on a big block. Somebody screwed up and set you the wrong parts.

Let's hope that's the case, thanks.

Chuck

Let's hope that's the case, thanks.

Chuck

For what its worth, Mancini sent me a harmonic balancer a while back that was completely different than the one on their site (same part number though). It was scuffed, and looked to be repackaged as well. I sent them an email about my concern and they sent me out a new one, the correct one, with a prepaid return label. Needless to say, if they make a mistake, they will make it right.

MRE has it and evaluating now. MRE has always done right by me, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the help guys.

Chuck

Been buying parts from them for decades, they will make it right.

I don't know what rockers you have from Mancini but they look like the small block. This is what my Mancini big block rocker set MRE57001-15 looks like......

View attachment 1172546

I think you may received the big block shafts and small block rockers.

I’ve had several sets of the BB Mancini rockers here....... they were indeed offset just like in Jim’s pic.

In addition to the OP’s set being SB rockers, it seems they also came with the SB spacers.

Installed on Ede heads, the BB rocker set, when used with the Mancini hold downs have essentially zero side clearance.
I end up having to make some “adjustments” to create a little more room.

Gee, looking at the pics again, sure don't look like BB rockers. Bad shipping.

Just email them the pic Jim posted.
Those are the “correct” BB rockers.

Frankly......it’s hard to imagine why a Mopar place would need to call HS for clarification.
Someone there should know by looking at them they’re wrong.
They’ve been selling them for years.

If they have a bunch of non-offset/straight rockers boxed as big block rockers on the shelf...... and they don’t address it....... they’re going to be getting a bunch of returns.

For those who haven’t purchased these....... the rockers and spacers come in a separate box from the shafts and hold downs.
The box with the rockers spacers just has the wrong label on it.
It’s a box of SB rockers and spacers, with the BB label/part number on it.
(That’s assuming the box the OP got actually had the correct BB label on it......... and that someone didn’t just ship the wrong rockers)

Last edited:
They are exactly what is shown on their webpage for that part number - no offset. I talked with MRE and they confirmed no offsets. There must have been a design change where they centered the rocker pivot points. No shimming possible without extensively working the intake pushrod tunnel on a Stealth head, that's for certain, I shimmed as much as I could. !Q52, that is what they should be but not what they are now, I'm going to borrow your pic and send it to Mancini - it may prompt a refund on their part, thanks.

See here: https://www.manciniracing.com/b15alrowibih.html

Chuck
Pictures on a website often DONT represent the actual part. Those are small block rockers. IQ52 is right.

Boxes are long gone, so I can't verify the PN's right now but I always check the PN's against the shipping receipt and it indicated the B/RB PN. In any case, it's clear what the story is now. Thanks for the help. I'll post what the outcome is, so I won't leave anyone hanging.

Chuck

Just heard back from MRE and they are sending me the correct rockers - they are looking into what happened but they are making it right.

Thanks, Chuck

Auto Transport Service
Back