• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mancini rocker arm assemblies

67coronetman

Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm posing a question here I'm currently running the Indy 1.6 rocker arms which I have faced the current issues as everyone else has what are there breaking so I am looking for new rocker arms.

I had a friend of mine tell me that Mancini racing sells 1.5 and 1.6 rocker arm and that they are made by Harland Sharp is this correct and has anyone out there used them and what did you think of them.

If they are the blue ones, then YES I used them, and didn't like them.
I got them for a 440 I was building, and I didn't realize they don't work well with hydraulic lifter camshaft.
Now for solid lifter they may work PERFECT, IDK.
It may be a case of I had them in the wrong application, but I bought them in person, at Mopar Nats, along with other parts for the engine, so I maybe trusted the sales guy to much???

I LOVE Mancini Racing, and I still buy stuff from them, so I am NOT bad mouthing them.

I didn't have issues with them breaking, just not staying adjusted.

Hey guys I'm posing a question here I'm currently running the Indy 1.6 rocker arms which I have faced the current issues as everyone else has what are there breaking so I am looking for new rocker arms.

I had a friend of mine tell me that Mancini racing sells 1.5 and 1.6 rocker arm and that they are made by Harland Sharp is this correct and has anyone out there used them and what did you think of them.
The HS/Mancini rockers are working well for me, good quality and not quite as expensive as some of the others. I'd use them again, no problem. However...if you're breaking any rocker arms, something else may be VERY wrong... what kind of spring pressures you running? If it's possible, post a picture of them installed from a couple of different angles, if any of them are still installed. If I'm remembering right- the Indy's used to be made by Dove?

If they are the blue ones, then YES I used them, and didn't like them.
I got them for a 440 I was building, and I didn't realize they don't work well with hydraulic lifter camshaft.
Now for solid lifter they may work PERFECT, IDK.
It may be a case of I had them in the wrong application, but I bought them in person, at Mopar Nats, along with other parts for the engine, so I maybe trusted the sales guy to much???

I LOVE Mancini Racing, and I still buy stuff from them, so I am NOT bad mouthing them.
The Harland Sharp-made Mancini rockers are red for the 1.5s, and raw aluminum for the 1.6s. Blue ones are typically the "off-shore" pieces..
Rockers don't care what type of camshaft they're working on...I'm curious what you mean by 'they don't work well on a hydraulic'?

Some are better than others, for sure, the Mancini house rockers are about the minimum I would use, and they're still not "cheap" but for what you get they are a very good value. I've had no problems and the ratios measured out true.
The only thing I would recommend is to inspect the inside for any small burrs left over from machining the oil holes, and make sure the adjusters threads are happy by taking them apart and cleaning. BUT! This should be done with any brand in my opinion, like any other rocker arm careful attention to detail must be paid when setting them up.

Beanhead, The BLUE roller rockers I got from Mancini, for my 440, kept going out of adjustment, like VERY BADLY.
(they were much cheaper then any others on the market, so you prob correct on them being crap)
First let me say I am a heavy equipment mechanic, so adjusting valve lash correctly is a skill I have, lol.
Well once home from the Mopar Nats with all my goodies from Mancini, I found I had gotten wrong push rods.
I have hydraulic lifters in my MP purple shaft cam, and I got a set of hydraulic lifter pushrods, but the roller rockers require the solid lifter pushrods with the "Cup" at the top, not the double ball end on hydraulic style.
That is no ones fault, so I ordered correct push rods.

Last edited:
Once I got the correct pushrods to fit the rockers I followed the instructions to the "T" to set valve lash with the hydraulic lifters, on the adjustable roller tip rockers.
It ran fine for a bit, and then I noticed a valve train noise develop.

The rocker adjustment had become way too loose.
This was 20 years ago, so I can not remember how many times I had to set them correctly, only to have them go out of wack almost right away.
After being on phone with mancini, and Mopar performance many times, and setting the lash a few different ways that they had recommend I try, it just wouldn't stay adjusted.
The final verdict was that I should swap to solid lifters, they said the hydraulic ones were self adjusting, and with the adjustment on rockers, things were just not happy together.

I just went back to stock stamped steel ones, way less issues,

I was a young buck then(20 or 21) so I automatically thought that the guy on the phone MUST be smarter then me, hell he works at Mopar tech line.
But now after some life experience, I realize that, sometimes the guy on the phone hasn't a clue what he is talking about, and instead of saying "I don't know, let me look into it, and get back to you".
They just have you throw parts at it, or tell you to try random stuff to buy them time, LOL.

The rocker adjustment had become way too loose.
This was 20 years ago

I don't think these are the same HS copied rockers they had back then.
I have the 1.6 rockers on my SFT, 616/620 lift, probably 3k hard street miles, 25 passes, shifting regularly at 7k, never lost adjustment, no problems at all.
Would recommend!

I don't think these are the same HS copied rockers they had back then.
I have the 1.6 rockers on my SFT, 616/620 lift, probably 3k hard street miles, 25 passes, shifting regularly at 7k, never lost adjustment, no problems at all.
Would recommend!
Are you running hydraulic lifters or solid in that combo?

Auto Transport Service
Back