• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manifold Fitting

Kilrbee

Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
I'm putting my 69 charger 440 back together and need some info on the correct vacuum fitting for a Charger with no power brakes and with A/C ( the 1/4" line for the headlight hose and 1/8" for the A/C system feed). I need a 2 port fitting with a 1/4" and 1/8" ports. I am not finding that particular style available or even in the parts book, they have either a single or triple fitting ones listed. My question is does anyone have a correct reference car that has the correct fitting? I'm thinking that they used a three prong one and capped the 3/8" port?

Pic added for reference..

Thank you

manifold fitting.jpg

Try part number PN 1944155. This is the PN used on '70 Chargers with 440, manual brakes, and a/c.

It was probably used on other similarly equipped models.

In 1970, line 4 build codes on the broadcast sheet has 2 digits for the vacuum fitting. The 2 digits vary with combinations of engine, brake, and a/c options. The 2 digits are the last 2 digits of the part number.

Checked the build sheet and it has an 86 for the vacuum fitting. Thanks for the help.

Ok this is confusing.. my build sheet shows an "86" under vac fitting, 2863486 according to the parts book, That is a single 1/8" fitting. My question is where does the 1/4" headlight hose attach to then?, the carb itself?. does anyone have a reference car that has the correct fitting setup?

Ok this is confusing.. my build sheet shows an "86" under vac fitting, 2863486 according to the parts book, That is a single 1/8" fitting. My question is where does the 1/4" headlight hose attach to then?, the carb itself?. does anyone have a reference car (69 Charger) that has the correct vacuum fitting setup?

The FSM (factory service manual) shows the 1/4" hose coming to the 5/16" nipple on the fitting
in the intake behind the carburetor.

Does anyone have a picture or two of the vacuum fitting on a survivor or original 68 or 69 charger with A/C and no power brakes???

Auto Transport Service
Back