• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manual Choke Firewall Hole Location 71 Super Bee 426 Hemi

Manzolds

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for information regarding the location of the hole through the firewall for the manual choke cable & grommet for a 426 Hemi.

My 71 Super Bee was originally equipped with a 383 4 speed and did not have a manual choke set-up.

I scoured the assembly manual and the internet without any success.

Is there anyone on FBBO that can provide me with information or a schematic of the firewall layout?

Appreciate any help so that I can get the hole drilled before paint.

Thank you,
Jim

Just added a manual cable to my 440 with a single holley 3310. I am not installing the heater box so I had an easy location for the cable. Just drilled out one of the plastic push pins that holds the firewall insulation and ran the cable through it to the carb. Second photo I highlighted the cable in green.

20230202_065707.jpg

20230202_065759.jpg

Just added a manual cable to my 440 with a single holley 3310. I am not installing the heater box so I had an easy location for the cable. Just drilled out one of the plastic push pins that holds the firewall insulation and ran the cable through it to the carb. Second photo I highlighted the cable in green.

View attachment 1411506

View attachment 1411507
Thank you for your assistance.

I don’t know if there is a factory location but I put one on my roadrunner, I mounted it next to the vent cable and went through the firewall below the wiper motor and a little to the right where it cleared the heater box and doesn’t get much bend in it, basically between the pull handle and the right side of the carb and under the air cleaner

44EBBA57-C382-45AC-AF8C-050FFBD98230.png

I don’t know if there is a factory location but I put one on my roadrunner, I mounted it next to the vent cable and went through the firewall below the wiper motor and a little to the right where it cleared the heater box and doesn’t get much bend in it, basically between the pull handle and the right side of the carb and under the air cleaner

View attachment 1411770
Hello Nevada dan,
Thank you for your assistance.

I have learned that the dash of a 71 has pre-drilled holes on the left side of the steering wheel for the air grabber switch and the manual choke.

I will confirm this when I get over to the shop and take a look.

Hello,
I am looking for information regarding the location of the hole through the firewall for the manual choke cable & grommet for a 426 Hemi.

My 71 Super Bee was originally equipped with a 383 4 speed and did not have a manual choke set-up.

I scoured the assembly manual and the internet without any success.

Is there anyone on FBBO that can provide me with information or a schematic of the firewall layout?

Appreciate any help so that I can get the hole drilled before paint.

Thank you,
Jim
If anyone's gonna know Jim V will..

@hemi71x

Follow the cable off the rear carburetor in this picture.
Maybe it will help you out where on the firewall the choke cable goes thru the firewall.
Maybe you can blow up the picture, for assistance.
It's all that I've got in my picture files.
Haven't had the car, for quite a few years now.

Picture 015 (2).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back