• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massachusetts is officially shut down

Timmayy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
I guess I can get back to working on the wife's old wagon. Gonna be out of work for a couple of weeks.
067619180544_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=FlYDOY4Xe2YAX_wELH8&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.jpg

Here in California, we have the "Shelter in place" order, basically the same thing as you guys.
Shut down?
Not really. Not even close.
There are so many exceptions to this "shut down" that are not at all connected to saving lives or providing food.
It really makes me wonder how serious this whole thing is.
I work in construction and we are deemed as "essential".
Why?
I'm not saving anyone's life, I'm not feeding anyone, I'm not transporting medical supplies or food.
Junkyards are open.
They are not doing anything heroic either.
Auto parts stores are still open too.
You telling me that access to a starter for a 74 Pinto is essential?
This is a scam of massive proportions.

Our construction is shut down in PA. Grocery stores, including beer distributors, are open. Parts stores feed repair garages that have to keep essential worker cars running I guess.

I fairly sure Boston pulled all unions off last week too. MD just went to lockdown and they left construction as essential.

Every state is calling the shots on what’s ‘essential’.

We’re shut right down. You want stuff? Call the store, tell them what you want, give credit card number. They can deliver it, or you show up, they open the front door and hand you your stuff.
Restaurants are delivery or drive through only. Streets are deserted.
Everyone is instructed to stay home. No visiting, no parties, no nothing. Local Facebook page is fifty percent half wits saying “not me!” and fifty percent half wits shaming them.

People who work in residence construction in MA are exempt, so we're still open for business.

Your wagon looks like a nice starting point. Nice & solid?
Eh..... stripped out the interior today. Gonna need a lot of floor work. Last few years I did complete front suspension rebuild, last summer I added front and rear swaybars. Last halloween I blew the axle bearings. Got it out and had the leafs rebuilt. I have an 8 3/4 3.23 suregrip from a 68 Roadrunner that I'm going to put in. I have some work to keep me busy.

Here in California, we have the "Shelter in place" order, basically the same thing as you guys.
Shut down?
Not really. Not even close.
There are so many exceptions to this "shut down" that are not at all connected to saving lives or providing food.
It really makes me wonder how serious this whole thing is.
I work in construction and we are deemed as "essential".
Why?
I'm not saving anyone's life, I'm not feeding anyone, I'm not transporting medical supplies or food.
Junkyards are open.
They are not doing anything heroic either.
Auto parts stores are still open too.
You telling me that access to a starter for a 74 Pinto is essential?
This is a scam of massive proportions.

I think something is amiss here as well. What sort of a scam do you think this is?

I think that the virus is real but that the shutdown to slow the growth is a convenient thing for some people in power.

Auto Transport Service
Back