• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master cylinder interchangeability

maddart

Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my master cylinder on the 1967 coronet, manual brakes (Drum/Drum). Has anyone done this and will a MC from a 70-75 B-body work?

Looking to get away from the bolt on top.

what degree are you upgrading to larger drums, disc up front, disc all around? just for a heads up if you use disc up front you need a disc style master. drum brakes have springs that pull the pads back. disc brakes dont on disc systems the master cylinder actually sucks the pistons back in. drum brake master on disc car and your brakes wont release

no upgrade-just manual drum/drum brakes.Looking for a bigger resoviour with a clip on lid

i (at first) bought a reman from autozone drum master pic on the site showed bolt on cap but the one they actually sold me was the clip on lid style not sure if the bowls were any difference in size i think it was only like $20

Auto Transport Service
Back