• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master cylinder too tall

mccoymail

Local time
2:11 PM
Reaction score
69EB20A1-C131-4EE3-9A5B-BCFF81758E46.jpeg
13850608-40F3-40F5-B2C8-862071D3D94F.jpeg
I’m in the process of converting a 65 satellite to front discs. I’m having an issue with the master cylinder being too tall. I previously added a booster with the drums but the master that came with the front disc kit is about 1-3/4” taller than the other master cylinder.
Can I use the drum/drum master instead? The distribution valve is a PV2 from Pirate Jack.

Thanks.

The booster is in line with the pedal so I don’t think that’s it.

I forget the brand I used.. for my Henry J.. But it was a standard 7/8" bore manual brake cylinder for a 4 wheel disc set up.. 9" Lincoln on the rear.. Granada on the front. worked real slick.. thats the way I went because of the lack of space..

drum master will lock the front calipers when you push pedal...you need to get a different master cyl.. MUST BE FOR DISC BRAKES!

Ok. The master in the photo is for disc brakes. So now I need to find on that it 1-3/4” shorter while still being for disc brakes.

drum master will lock the front calipers when you push pedal...you need to get a different master cyl.. MUST BE FOR DISC BRAKES!
Maybe lock on yours but mine works fine.

Btw I have discs all around .

View attachment 778876 View attachment 778877 I’m in the process of converting a 65 satellite to front discs. I’m having an issue with the master cylinder being too tall. I previously added a booster with the drums but the master that came with the front disc kit is about 1-3/4” taller than the other master cylinder.
Can I use the drum/drum master instead? The distribution valve is a PV2 from Pirate Jack.

You seem to have an odd collection of parts there. Did you buy those parts separately or was that a kit? You might have some GM parts mixed in there or something. I've never seen a MC sticking up that high on a Mopar.

Says it is for a Mopar but it doesn't say it is for an early B body car. I'm thinking you have the wrong parts for your car. You might want to post this over in the '62-65 section and get some help from some early B body guys.

I think the master cylinder you have is a very tall one. I believe there are other ones that are not so tall, maybe one will fit correctly.

The problem is the linkage bracket raises the booster which has raised your MC too high. That set up is for A body type. B body used dual Bendix booster mounted right to the firewall via the flat bracket. The MC you have would be the correct type for 67 B and 67-69 Hemi with disc brakes. Brake lines to fender.

For 68-70 B body non hemi, lines toward engine.

Get the reproduction non hemi Bendix booster, or find a real one.

Get the reproduction non hemi Bendix booster, or find a real one.[/QUOTE]

Can you point me to a repro? Like to see what you’re describing before shelling out more dough.

Thanks

Get the reproduction non hemi Bendix booster, or find a real one.

Can you point me to a repro? Like to see what you’re describing before shelling out more dough.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

This is the Pirate Jack Reproduction. This is what a B Body non hemi would look like, except the MC Ports are towards engine for 68-70 B body Non Hemi. The back plate is a disc version with round hole vice oval, but otherwise it keeps the Booster at the same level as MC, not raised like the hemi and A body bracket assembly does.

BCK8536-1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back