• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master cylinder

__Larsson____

Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
Anyone using this in there cars? https://www.doctordiff.com/aluminum-master-cylinder-kit.html

Also the 4 piston calipers? https://www.yearone.com/Product/chrysler-b-body/ng669#prettyPhoto

master-cyl.jpg

The calipers say not avail from year one. Rockauto has some at $100 plus $29 core. How are you going to mount them?

Yep. I'm running that mc in my 68 Coronet. It works just fine for me. I converted the front drums to disc (still manual), and also got the new dist. block... all from Dr. Diff. I ran all new brake lines, and am very happy with my brake setup.

20180719_181012.jpg

Yes. One on my 70 Challenger with 2.75” single piston caliper and Dr. Diff’s 1 1/32” MC. Manual brakes and extremely pleased with braking.

I'm using Dr Diff 15/16 manual front disc.

I'm running Dr Diffs 15/16 aluminum masters on all 3 of my cars. Work great but you might as well figure buying Dorman seals and caps right away.

I'm running Dr Diffs 15/16 aluminum masters on all 3 of my cars. Work great but you might as well figure buying Dorman seals and caps right away.
it's been i while since a posted this but i finally got to mount it but the pedal is really hard, any ideas on what might be the problem?

Summit has that MC for $39.00.
Don't know about the adapter.
I just did quick look up.

Summit has that MC for $39.00.
Don't know about the adapter.
I just did quick look up.
Pretty sure that the one from Summit does not have the correct size hole cut in the back for a standard Mopar rubber bushing that holds the rod in the back. Cass has them made that way so we can use our oem rods.

Please tell us more about this. I have this aluminum MC from Dr. Diff. Seems like there is always a bit of fluid on top to wipe off when I open my hood. Is there a known issue with these??

Please tell us more about this. I have this aluminum MC from Dr. Diff. Seems like there is always a bit of fluid on top to wipe off when I open my hood. Is there a known issue with these??
Yes. The supplied caps don't work
well as I've had the same problem.
Advance Auto parts #42053 are
the solution.

These are the caps and seals that Cass told me to buy. I have used them on several of his master cylinders.

1037196-89e6ca6f8357f559eb6cbe6824ef2e8c.jpg

These are the caps and seals that Cass told me to buy. I have used them on several of his master cylinders.

View attachment 1459869
Sounds like there is a known issue with the cylinders that should be, or have been, covered by a warranty. But, I have had mine for over a year now. Anyway, I would think Dr. Diff should not sell a defective product like this.... Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back