• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master Cylinder

64Bob

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
I have a '64 Plymouth Fury with drum brakes and the single reservoir master cylinder and I would like to replace the master with a duel master. has anyone done this and what master cylinder did you use. Does anyone sell a master cylinder to do this switch?

I went to a dual on my 65 Coronet. Used a Rock Auto part as it was 1/2 the cost of a single unit! I did build my own lines.
Mike
IMG_2082.JPG
IMG_2467.JPG

I had to go searching for a new MC for my ’63 Plymouth. In my case I had installed an SSBC front disk kit. In my case found that these kits were basically a GM set up and the MC was the same for a mid-60’s Vette that I got. Now, not to say this would work in your case; but MC’s are rather cheap and all over the place to buy.

Don't bolt down the distribution block to frame rail until all lines threads are started. It's real easy to cross thread the nuts. Don't ask why I know.:eek:

I went to a dual on my 65 Coronet. Used a Rock Auto part as it was 1/2 the cost of a single unit! I did build my own lines.
Mike
View attachment 1236916 View attachment 1236917
Mike
Mike
HI Mike Would you know the master cylinder part number?

Auto Transport Service
Back