• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MATS Las Vegas Friday-Sunday April 27,28,29,2018.

Dennis H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
IMG_0522.JPG

One of these years..........

^^^^^Well worth it. This will be my 16th year.

If booking early, Darius scored the Host Cannery. I'll be at the Hampton on E.Craig. If anyone hears a date announcement for Spring Fling, let us know. Hoping for back to back weekends. Road trip!

Spring Fling unofficially April 14-15. That makes Vegas a separate trip. Darius and I are thinking about a Cruise-In to Mats with the group from Utah. We get Highway 50 (Pony Express-highway to nowhere) on the way to meet them, and maybe Zion on the way to the show. Cruise-Ins originate in SoCal, Albaturkey, Arizona, and Utah.
http://www.matslv.com/events/mopower-cruise/

Albaturkey....I like that !

Looks like Phil Painter has changed the name to "Mopars and Muscle Cars at the Strip"
I just looked at their facebook page. What ever they call it,,it's still a fun event.

Looks like Phil Painter has changed the name to "Mopars and Muscle Cars at the Strip"
I just looked at their facebook page. What ever they call it,,it's still a fun event.
That happened last year ! There was ONE row of non-molars in the show field!

Even with the change in the last few years it's still 98% MOPAR
I guess after going for 15 years I don't pay much attention !

That happened last year ! There was ONE row of non-molars in the show field!
I know that some car guys often have missing teeth but this is not some meth head tweaker event is it ?
Tweaker 1.JPG

IMG_0902.PNG

New Host Hotel! Fremont Street area. FYI. Site says self-parking free. The Band is yet TBA. Guess the concert will not be at the Cannery this year? Anyone have more on this, please post. I still plan to stay at the Hampton Speedway on E Craig. It was handy to both the track and Cannery. 1/4 Mile of Mopars?

Last edited:
View attachment 569396
New Host Hotel! Fremont Street area. FYI. Site says self-parking free. The Band is yet TBA. Guess the concert will not be at the Cannery this year? Anyone have more on this, please post. I still plan to stay at the Hampton Speedway on E Craig. It was handy to both the track and Cannery. 1/4 Mile of Mopars?
I got the same email yesterday ill post any updates i get i only live 2 miles from the cannery

IMG_0909.jpg

Reply from Jill Painter. Significant changes this year. 1/4 Mile of Mopars and concert at the new location this year.

Just cancelled my room at the Cannery and made new reservation at the Downtown Hotel......$300.00 less for the same 4 nights!!!!

Just cancelled my room at the Cannery and made new reservation at the Downtown Hotel......$300.00 less for the same 4 nights!!!!
Just signed up should be a good time

IMG_0922.PNG

Venue location only for Concert. Artist TBA. Park by invite, don't look for the Coronet.
3 blocks from the Host Hotel seen in the top right corner.

Staying downtown is a lot of fun, lots of things to do and places to eat and then there is the "Fremont Street Experience" for night time "entertainment". It's a lot more fun than the Strip now. :thumbsup:

And she is not the only one there!
IMG_0815.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back