• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

max wedge oil pan new reproduction

Where do you get the pickup tube?
Think they had a tube with a swivel pickup. Tube removed before I got it. Sold it.
pickup.JPG
pickup1.JPG

you don't with out spending big money on something obsolete. the 70-71 hemi pick up works fine & is what I've used in the past.
the pans are very nice & correct they also seem to be heavier gage steel than the originals.

there also doing the 64-65 bb pans.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-64-65-B-Body-Big-Block-361-383-Oil-Pan-PN-2465195-NEW/362600728994?
Pans are nice BUT the price is twice what they should be, also they should have the correct pick ups available. Nice try.

They aren’t exactly accurate.You would think they would make exact copies...

Kuddos to Van's for making them. There's a ton of work involved in that behind the scenes. Tooling is not cheap.

you don't with out spending big money on something obsolete. the 70-71 hemi pick up works fine & is what I've used in the past.
the pans are very nice & correct they also seem to be heavier gage steel than the originals.

there also doing the 64-65 bb pans.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-64-65-B-Body-Big-Block-361-383-Oil-Pan-PN-2465195-NEW/362600728994?
Hey chooch, have you actually seen this pan, and checked it out, or just looking at it on line, and are you saying the '70-71 Hemi oil P/U's will do the job on a wedge block ? I may go with this set up, as my engine is still in pieces, awaiting assembly, Thanks...

the 70-71 hemi/6pak pan won't fit the 62-65 chassis. if one has the early b-engine pick-up it can be made to fit. the swinging pick-ups were 63-64 super stock. anyhow, perfect or not the new pan is a step in the right direction for early b-body people.

It is Great that van's reproduced them & they make really nice reproduction parts & even if everybody it bitchin about the price it's a lot better than what you had to deal with in the past just like the BB A-body pans.
vans is being sold as an auction,,looks like u have 1..what did u pay?

I wonder if they would sell just the baffle plates ? I need a set for one of my pans as the p.o trashed them by cutting into them.

Has anyone tried this new pan in an early B body yet? On maxwedge.com they say the mopar oil pickup part #P5249817 should fit this pan. Has anyone tried it?
Thank

I've looked up the Oil Pick Up, P#5249817. It lists as a 1/2" tube, and normal application is for a "B" Block. Can anyone verify this is the pick up that will work with the new MW pan ?

those pans came with a 1/2" pipe swinging pick-up. I wonder if maxwedge.com is looking at a street hemi 1/2" pick-up. if so the sumps would be in a different location, plus the 63-64 super stock wedges were the only ones to have a 1/2" pick-up, and all other wedges had a 3/8" pipe pick-up. I think the longer (horizontally) 62-65 3/8" pick-up could be made to work.

My Wedge is ready to be assembled, and I plan to use this new pan, just released. I will keep you posted, as to what works, and with how much effort. It may not be right away, but hoping it will be within a few months...

those pans came with a 1/2" pipe swinging pick-up. I wonder if maxwedge.com is looking at a street hemi 1/2" pick-up. if so the sumps would be in a different location, plus the 63-64 super stock wedges were the only ones to have a 1/2" pick-up, and all other wedges had a 3/8" pipe pick-up. I think the longer (horizontally) 62-65 3/8" pick-up could be made to work.

My block uses 1/2" pickup, that is why I have the question. Maxwedge.com says the photo is the 817 pickup in a Max Wedge pan.
Here is the text and photo from maxwedge.com:

Mopar Performance came out with a pickup a few years ago, part #P5249817 listed as a 1/2 inch diameter tube for "B" engine. Funny thing is it is identical to the '62-'65 383 and 426 pickup. It is about 3/8 to a 1/2 inch longer which looks like it might be a prefect fit for the Max Wedge oil pan and looks identical in shape and length to the pickup in my Race Hemi blueprints. Here is a picture of the 817 pickup as it sits in a Max Wedge oil pan...

oilpan07w.jpg

This is an original Max Wedge pan that I bought years cheap off of a friend 15 yrs ago,didn't use swinging pick up,used Hemi 1/2" pickup with no problem.

Picture 097.jpg

This is an original Max Wedge pan that I bought years cheap off of a friend 15 yrs ago,didn't use swinging pick up,used Hemi 1/2" pickup with no problem.

View attachment 744332
62MAX, Do you happen to know the capacity that this pan holds ? Since my build will be a stroker, I wanted to get some extra oil in it, compared to a stock 4qt pan, Thanks...

Another thing comes to mind now, with this new pan option. Is there any need to trim back the K-member on the '63-'65 V-8's for clearance, as we all have been doing when using an aftermarket pan ? I believe it was the right corner that needed some extra room ?

Auto Transport Service
Back