• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max Wedge pistons

Daytona Jim

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:20 PM
Reaction score
Building a 426 Max Wedge 11:1 engine, I'm not finding pistons listed with any of the big piston mfgs. Does anybody know of a supplier for these? Thanks, Jim.

No one makes a on the shelf good piston for the 4.25 bore for that stroke guy's will tell you to build a 440 as the piston selection is much better. If you have to build a 426 get custom pistons from a good source it will be cheaper in the long run. There is a company that sells factory style cast pistons about 10 to 1 but they are boulders I ended up putting in lighter pins and spending to much for heavy metal to balance the crank. Every once an awhile you see factory 11 to one forged pistons come up but they usually are not cheap.

Hughes engines lists 426 wedge pistons.

the original 11:1 pistons were made by TRW. to my knowledge they haven't been reproduced in decades.

You run a 6.9 eagle rod with a 383 11.0 to 1 KB piston. are you can send me a PM and I can sell you some 64 parts

Building a 426 Max Wedge 11:1 engine, I'm not finding pistons listed with any of the big piston mfgs. Does anybody know of a supplier for these? Thanks, Jim.
the last time I looked I think bob mazolini had them for sale

Bob, is who I bought mine from

You run a 6.9 eagle rod with a 383 11.0 to 1 KB piston. are you can send me a PM and I can sell you some 64 parts
I also have the same problem locating pistons other than custom units...6.90 eagle rods????with 383 pistons...I looked at eagles website and did not see a rod like that???

20160210_163148.jpg

Thought about flat top 383 pistons with a hemi 6.860 rod too.
Open out the small end to 1.094 from 1.031...:thumbsup:

Diamond pistons will change bore size on a shelf piston. Just get a 440 piston and change the bore size to what you need.

Hi Rolling thunder, your inbox is full.
I’m looking for a set of stock bore 413 pistons for a MW project. Can you help please?
Best wishes from polyjon
Cleared inbox out. Sorry can’t help right now. Sold these back in 2016 I think.

Many thanx for the reply R/T.
It’s surprising how few stock MW 413 pistons have survived.
Polyjon

Icon makes a premium piston for a mopar 3.75 stroke, 4.25 (plus whatever oversize) bore, IC689, and IC690. I suspect they are intended for stroker 383, but maybe with rb length rods.....?
Edit: also a .070 over 426 is a standard bore 440. What is your current bore size? What do you want it to be?
Edit: looks like the 690 is a dished piston, the 689 is a small dome.

Last edited:
Are you building the engine to race or show? If it's only to show, you might consider a lower compression ratio so you can run unleaded pump gas.

Auto Transport Service
Back