• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

max wedge scoop - location / dimensions on hood

hogpowr

Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm getting ready to mount my MW scoop on the hood of my 64 dodge. Does anyone have definitive answer to the actual location of the scoop from the rear of the hood? Consensus on other threads seems to be "around 3 inches" but I don't think anyone gave actual first hand proof that is right. anyone here with an actual MW who could measure or happens to know for sure?

anyone out there with measurements for placement of Max Wedge hood scoop on a 64 dodge hood?

I have a factory 63 Ply aluminium car at home, would they be the same ? I would think so.

He ozymaxwedge,
I wanted to have a crack at making a original MW scoop ....any chance I could get a template (paper or cardboard) of the profile of both front & back?

This your car??

image.jpg

Yes mate, that is it in Dec 1964 Riverside drags Australia.

PM you email to me and could send you pics and measurements ?

- - - Updated - - -

Original scoop is bolted to a 2"+ riser but unchanged apart from that.

Hogpwr, sorry I have nothing for a 64 max wedge scoop. Check out Mosher's site for some pictures.
http://www.moparsbymosher.com/

Tempest, this is my 65 scoop placement. Back of the scoop is about 1/4" from back of hood.

Picture 058.jpg

When I did mine, I centered the scoop side to side and from the back edge of the hood, I came in 5/8 if my memory serves correct.

This is Sled City Fiberglass, and as all you know, I make 3 sizes of bolt on Max Wedge scoops. Probably what you don't know is that I have had 2 aluminum front end 63 Dodges and that I have documented where everything was placed on the hood, in pictures. The 64 Dodge should be no different than the 63. Correct measurement is 2 3/8 from the center of the rear of the scoop to the center of the back edge of the hood. There is your correct measurement and I have all 3 sizes of max wedge scoops listed on ebay today.

Would you happen to sell a flat hood for my 63?
I am not using a typical engine and do not need a scoop, but would like a lighter hood.
I sure do make a hood for a 63 Dodge. It is a lift off. I make hoods and many other parts for the 62-68 Dodge and Plymouths. Give me a call at 1-614-875-0369

I sure do make a hood for a 63 Dodge. It is a lift off. I make hoods and many other parts for the 62-68 Dodge and Plymouths. Give me a call at 1-614-875-0369

Great..............lift off is fine, but am considering using 6 (yes - 6) pins so as to use the hinges w/o springs AND be able to lift off.

I will indeed contact you when I get that far :p

Dont know if this will help you but I looked at many scoops before I put this one on my 63 just where it looked like it should be going by all the cars I looked at. Ron

411842197.jpg

This is Sled City Fiberglass, and as all you know, I make 3 sizes of bolt on Max Wedge scoops. Probably what you don't know is that I have had 2 aluminum front end 63 Dodges and that I have documented where everything was placed on the hood, in pictures. The 64 Dodge should be no different than the 63. Correct measurement is 2 3/8 from the center of the rear of the scoop to the center of the back edge of the hood. There is your correct measurement and I have all 3 sizes of max wedge scoops listed on ebay today.

How about for '65?

How about for '65?
If this is any help, the 65 had the same cowell shape and engine mounts , so the engine would be in the same spot. Thus the scoop should be in the same spot. Actually as you know, the 65 had no Max Wedge scoop from the factory, only a steel Hemi scoop, and of course the fiberglass A/FX scoop on the awb cars. I make all of those scoops and body parts.

sled city - thanks for the 2 3/8 measurement. I'll go with that!!! I do appreciate it! Thats consistent with a person I know who measured their scoop location.

If this is any help, the 65 had the same cowell shape and engine mounts , so the engine would be in the same spot. Thus the scoop should be in the same spot. Actually as you know, the 65 had no Max Wedge scoop from the factory, only a steel Hemi scoop, and of course the fiberglass A/FX scoop on the awb cars. I make all of those scoops and body parts.

Sorry, yes HEMI scoop. Had Max Wedge on the mind as I'm putting a cross ram on my 440. Not correct but will be period looking and cool. :)

Thanks for the info!

Would either one of you know the location of a factory installed scoop on a '63 Polara should be? I am restoring my dad's and I have two hoods, one that came w car & one purchased with a number of other parts from a 'MOPAR widow,' and the scoops are in different locations (stock & after-market?)...any guidance appreciated!

Necro-thread.

Auto Transport Service
Back