• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maybe I missed it...

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
But, I have had a relatively poor encounter with Restoration Parts. I ordered the bumper bolt set, which is made (or kitted) by AMD. Three weeks and 3 telephone calls later, they told me the same thing, they would have them "drop shipped" from the warehouse. I decided to just call AMD. The bolt kit is now on the way with tracking number. Restoration parts made no contact, not even to confirm my order. I will steer clear of them for any future purchases. I have already received 2 from AMD. One to confirm my order, and the 2nd with shipping and tracking information.

Have any of you had issues like this with them ?

I LOVE AMD
No issues at my end, numerous items purchased BUT, that does not mean ALL AMD transactions are perfect
Customer Service, contact them
Stuff happens, you know?
A "supplier" will announce the item is in STOCK as Not to lose a Sale
Now, I'm totally confused...
Are you saying AMD contacted you but another Company "Restoration Parts"is at fault?

Your question kind of "Lumps" Both AMD and Restoration Parts together

NO, I never have dealt with Restoration Parts.

In a nutshell...

I needed the bumper bolt kit.
The kit is produced by AMD.
I ordered it through a company called "Restoration Parts Source" (they sell AMD bolt kits)
I received no confirmation of my order.
I called them 3 times over 3 weeks to get the same answer "we don't have them in stock, but we can have the warehouse (AMD ?) 'drop ship' them"
Nothing ever happened and I did not receive my bolts.
They never contacted me.
I got tired of the excuses and called AMD.
I placed order with AMD and cancelled the order with Restoration parts.
I have received confirmation of my order and shipping confirmation with tracking number already from AMD.

Maybe I didn't explain well enough in the first post, but I am disappointed with Restoration parts...and very happy with AMD.

There is one thing that I have learned in this Hobby and that is to be patient.
I ordered my entire interior kit July 6th and still haven't gotten it.

In a nutshell...

I needed the bumper bolt kit.
The kit is produced by AMD.
I ordered it through a company called "Restoration Parts Source" (they sell AMD bolt kits)
I received no confirmation of my order.
I called them 3 times over 3 weeks to get the same answer "we don't have them in stock, but we can have the warehouse (AMD ?) 'drop ship' them"
Nothing ever happened and I did not receive my bolts.
They never contacted me.
I got tired of the excuses and called AMD.
I placed order with AMD and cancelled the order with Restoration parts.
I have received confirmation of my order and shipping confirmation with tracking number already from AMD.

Maybe I didn't explain well enough in the first post, but I am disappointed with Restoration parts...and very happy with AMD.

Thank you for explaining to me Skytrooper
As you perhaps identified, I'm stupid, therefore the "ski" designator on the end of my name....
I fully understand now
yup, AMD IS a Stand Up Company
I feel I can NOT say anything about "Restoration Parts"

But AMD is a GREAT Company
And as as fellow Forum member 69roadr stated: "There is one thing that I have learned in this Hobby and that is to be patient.
I ordered my entire interior kit July 6th and still haven't gotten it."

No problem ski ! I just figured by your post that I hadn't really explained the situation very well. Hehe...after rereading it, I even had trouble following it !

Patience is only needed when they don't have the part and don't want to lose the sale. At Carlisle I ordered some pieces for my duster and cuda from Legendary, he wrote six weeks on the receipt and I had everything the week after Carlisle. I know most of us don't have a time frame to finish our projects, but if you must have ASAP go to the right source. I ordered something from another Co. 7/16 and still waiting for any info regarding the order.

Auto Transport Service
Back