• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCACN muscle car show in Chicago MOPAR RULES!

moparhoosier

Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to posting here but just wanted to lyk that I just got back from the huge indoor car show in Chicago known as the MCACN ( Muscle car and corvette nationals) and in my opinion, MOPAR dominated this show. It originally was a Chevy and Vette show (years ago) but allowed a small amount of other cars. Over the years, the muscle cars have really changed the direction of this show. For any of you who are not familiar with this show, this year they had 26 DOCUMENTED 1970 and 1971 426 Hemi Cudas and Challenger R/T convertibles there. Each was supposedly real and documented. All lined up in 2 rows. It was quite a site. They also had the very last Hemi Charger there along with many other Mopars. Man it was something to see.
There were also all other makes including a barn find section and a custom section along with a small car corral section. Loved the show but weather sucked. Overall, when is the next time you will see that many hemi Cudas and challengers in one place? Also saw several winged cars and damn nice GTX's, Super B's, RR's and Dusters. Funny story too. I was looking at a real 1971 Challenger RT Mr. Norms car for sale and was wondering what the price was. While Im standing there looking at the car, the owner walks up and asks if I had any questions. Turns out he was my neighbor 30 years ago (back when I was a little wanna be driver). Small world sometimes. BTW, Supposedly, Mr. Norm was there but I didnt see him. If you have any interest in the show for next year or want to read the flyer on this years show,
here is the link. I did take some pics on my phine but havent read how to post them here yet.
www.MCACN.com

Chicogo trip 11  15 023 [800x600].jpgYes was great! I liked seeing them lined up. a lot of great cars there! this was my first time there. will go again for sure. there was a bit of snow in Chicago. here is when we arrived sat night from Wisconsin.

wow, credit to you for driving the car there. Wow. I drove up from Indiana about an hour away and I seen 7 wrecks on the way there. 3 of them had cars facing the oncoming traffic. It was bad. Cant believe you drove your car there but dang KUDOS to you!

View attachment 293849Yes was great! I liked seeing them lined up. a lot of great cars there! this was my first time there. will go again for sure. there was a bit of snow in Chicago. here is when we arrived sat night from Wisconsin.
you drove thru that **** with the crazy madiganistan drivers? you are a brave man!

Thanks for the kind words, and also for weathering through the lousy weather that hit us Saturday!

We actually had 27 very real 426 Hemi E-body convertibles at the show, which included several that have never been shown..anywhere! What a treat that was. Mopars certainly took the spotlight. You will be seeing quite a few features in many of the Mopar and Muscle Car magazines over the upcoming months.

Dates for our 2016 show are November 19-20, so please mark your calendars now! I can assure you, Mopar enthusiasts will again be pleased with the show. For updates, please watch our facebook page, as I do updates nearly every day all year round, and you can also sign up for our FREE 72 page annual magazine and regular E-Blasts at www.mcacn.com

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Auto Transport Service
Back