• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Meat Loaf Won't Be Down For Breakfast

Even though there were others, I considered him as the King of rock operas.

Bat out of hell by Meatloaf and AC/DC Highway to Hell were the first albums I ever bought. When my mom heard me playing them in my room she came in looked at them and took them from me. Said they were devil worship music. My dad got them back for me a few days later. Lol

RIP!! His songs will live on FOREVER...

Saw that on the local weather and traffic.....RIP man.

R.I.P. meatloaf, not a huge fan of his music but "Paradise by the dashboard light" brings back a few back seat memories. I'm not sure I can even get into the back of a 2 door car now, lol.
Same here.....and once back there, doing anything is another story!

...and the last thing I see is my heart, still beating, still beating..breaking outta my body and flying away, like a bat ot of hell!
RIP great voice and entertainer!

RIP Michael Lee Aday.
Also loved seeing him with Karla DeVito.

karla 2.jpg Karla.jpg

My first concert when I was 14 (1976), Ottawa, Meat fell off the stage in the second song and broke his leg. We go home now.... ffs.

RIP Marvin and thanks for the ride.

Last edited:
Rest In Peace Meat.... Another part of my youth gone but never forgotten...

R I P , always one of my favorites, I had tickets to see him in orlando in 2008, but show cancelled last min. So I never got to see him in person
it always amazed me what he was capable of when working with Jim Steinman as a writer and Todd Rungren producing.
I wish he had been able to have more success on his work in between Bat out of hell, and bat out of hell II,
I have watched lots of concert footage, what he did on stage was so hard to convey to a studio album.
I agree, the King of operatic rock, it was a true production !

RIP Saw meatloaf in concert when he was doing his come back tour in a small venue Rockland County New York. Great voice.

I remember seeing a tv expose on him back in the day and when he left the stage, he'd head straight for the oxygen tank they had for him.

Was never really a fan of his. He did have some excellent music at times but for the most part just mediocre tunes. His acting was also really good at times. That being said, my he RIP...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

PARADISE BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHT --- one of the greatest songs / ballads of all time.....
I would do anything for Love (but I won't do that)....
Bat Out of Hell...
Two out of Three Ain't Bad.....
You took the Words Right Out of my mouth....
Hot Batootie (from the Rocky Horror Movie)....

All six went to # 1 .....

For an "Average Joe" --- he parlayed it into a multi billion
dollar career....
And an icon to many.... And a cult figure......

The album "Bat Out of Hell" is one of the top ten / PLATINUM selling albums of All Time, to this day....Over 14 Million sold.....

If you are my age - ish, and you didn't have sex in the car, the bedroom, the beach, and twenty other places !!! , you have been " Butt Ugly " for a long long time!!!

R.I.P. " Meat Loaf ".... Luv ya'.....

Last edited:
RIP Meatloaf, I liked the music

Auto Transport Service
Back