• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mech Fuel Pump for Nitrous?

slepr1

Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
I have a 440, 10.6 comp, that runs 485hp on pump fuel. I have a Nitrous Express 100 shot set up. I haven't hit the Nitrous yet since I still need to break in the fresh engine. Presently I have a Holley mech fuel pump advertising 110 gph. Can I 'tee' the fuel line or do I need to run a seperate electric pump for the nitrous? Or do I run one electric pump for everything?

personally I prefer electrical pump's because they come in a wide range of applications, a inexpensive pump is the Holley Black, its reliable, rebuildable and easy to install, probably too small for my application but I 'am at 800HP and doing good so-far, remember your gonna need a relay for that pump, plus I would put a switch on the pump.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...fi8ETYTGajfo_mv9JCE3grzlp2ZpdrDBoCdnwQAvD_BwE

hly-12-815-1_oh_xl.jpg

I personally think you are just fine with running a T in your current fuel line with that pump.

I am likely to use one of these, if I am still running my Holley 3x2 system and have not switched to a 3x2 EFI system.
I'm also thinking that this seperate 1 gallon fuel cell could be filled with race gas or AvGas so you get a boost in octane along with the nitrous.
Screenshot_20190130-170403_Chrome.jpg

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nex-15003/

Last edited:
I have the same setup and adding a 150 shot to my motor. I also have the Holley mechanical fuel pump that seems to like to run at 6.5 lbs of pressure at the carb. Once you have the engine operating you could put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see if pressure drops at high RPM. I'm thinking you should be okay with the Holley mechanical pump but as you know running out of fuel when on nitrous is a expensive mistake. A fuel pressure safety switch is probably a good idea to turn off the nitrous if fuel pressure drops below the preset pressure.

Auto Transport Service
Back