• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mega Parts - Shows

Facebook

Mega Parts
Mark Pepin we figured our expenses between, fuel, food and hotel rooms would be up around $2000 more this year. We never even called the tent company and I am sure that went up as well! Then we cannot get a bunch a bunch of parts that are probably over 20% of our sales there. Not to mention the theft. I actually plan to put a discount code out that week.

Sad to see but I don't blame them really. Carlisle is a long way from Wisconsin. A few vehicles, a few motel rooms for a week, swap space, tent and enclosure rental. The list goes on.They probably have 10 grand invested and haven't sold a part yet. They do a huge online business and Roy isn't getting younger. They are always a phonecall or computer message away.

Makes ya wonder what other vendors are thinking the same thing

The last time I went to the Nats (a few years ago) Manufacturers row up on the pavement was pretty empty. The swap meet was short by 2 rows. Lots of other reasons there other than the economy though.

Last edited:
Very sad ....always bought from them.....great vendor

This has been coming for a few vendors for a few years. I talk to him at the NATS when he said that they weren't coming back. It was more than just cost. The NATS had turned into somewhat of a **** show trying to vend there. He was pissed because come Friday morning the NATS still didn't have their tables setup that Metro paid for. The show was going on and they had no place to setup. Can't blame them. Even years ago the NATS was on the decline and had several problems. I too stopped vending there. It was a 4000 mile round way trip to Carlisle for me and one year I spent over $1200.00 just in fuel.
Ted Stephens stopped vending at the Flings because of the cost to haul a big trailer across the country. Same with Mr Moparts stopped doing the Flings. Why spend a couple thousand dollars when you can just stay home and keep the operations going. The net has changed the world. For the best? Maybe, maybe not.

Last edited:
Not surprised ,, at all.

More and more people coming bringing new challengers, Chargers Neon , Rams etc etc doesnt help the fact either.

A couple hundred bucks to fill up the tank every few hundred miles , exorbitant hotel bill , etc etc

Back when I was vending all the shows, I could be at a minimum $1500 , but usually anywhere from $ 2000 to $3000 in the hole before I sold a thing . Only to get bombarded by 'WHATS THE SHOW SPECIAL' . comments .

One has to realize these shows begin several months in advance for vendors . Not just the weekend before. Over time it takes it toll . Not to mention we are getting older by the day and after a while it wears on you. Once home from Carlisle you immediately have to get ready for the Nats a month later
Been there, done that and no interest to do it again

Not surprised ,, at all.

More and more people coming bringing new challengers, Chargers Neon , Rams etc etc doesnt help the fact either.

A couple hundred bucks to fill up the tank every few hundred miles , exorbitant hotel bill , etc etc

Back when I was vending all the shows, I could be at a minimum $1500 , but usually anywhere from $ 2000 to $3000 in the hole before I sold a thing . Only to get bombarded by 'WHATS THE SHOW SPECIAL' . comments .

One has to realize these shows begin several months in advance for vendors . Not just the weekend before. Over time it takes it toll . Not to mention we are getting older by the day and after a while it wears on you. Once home from Carlisle you immediately have to get ready for the Nats a month later
Well said.

It's sad news. I always made a least a few purchases every year from Mega Parts at Carlisle.
Yeah, sure I can go to their website to order (and pay shipping) but if there is another reproduction parts dealer at Carlisle, and there will be, people with CASH in hand want to buy parts at the show.

It's especially nice to have the part in your hand to assess quality, etc. rather than a shitty website pic.

It's sad news. I always made a least a few purchases every year from Mega Parts at Carlisle.
Yeah, sure I can go to their website to order (and pay shipping) but if there is another reproduction parts dealer at Carlisle, and there will be, people with CASH in hand want to buy parts at the show.

It's especially nice to have the part in your hand to assess quality, etc. rather than a shitty website pic.
I believe I read Vans is not going to be there as well

Not surprised ,, at all.

I was just a row over from you at the NATS.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back