• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Member locations... What do you think!

wantahemi

Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
It would be great to know what members are within xxxx amount of miles of any other member. Strictly from the standpoint of knowing who is near me when discussing upcoming shows, deals found at a specific location, cruise nights etc. it would be nice to know who is within 20/50/100 miles or maybe some other distance range. It's a suggestion, but maybe it would expand the site by allowing like minded B body fanatics to form groups locally and grow the site and the Mopar brand.

I don't want to know there address or phone number but it would be nice to send a PM saying I see you live in ABC and live about 20 minutes out. Are you going to the swap meet this weekend? Heading to the nationals? It would probably boost memebership when people start talking.

If it already exists..... Sorry, I'd love to know how to see / find that.

Today I got a PM from someone who saw where I lived and they let me know they are 50 miles away and need some 68 RR parts. Necessity is the mother of invention!

I would like to know the same information. Not sure how FBBO site would accommodate that as names and addresses are not available I don't believe. For all the reasons stated above it would be great to know who's in the area...

Even if they broke it down by state, we would at least know where the cool cars and owners are!

It would be great to know what members are within xxxx amount of miles of any other member. Strictly from the standpoint of knowing who is near me when discussing upcoming shows, deals found at a specific location, cruise nights etc. it would be nice to know who is within 20/50/100 miles or maybe some other distance range. It's a suggestion, but maybe it would expand the site by allowing like minded B body fanatics to form groups locally and grow the site and the Mopar brand.

I don't want to know there address or phone number but it would be nice to send a PM saying I see you live in ABC and live about 20 minutes out. Are you going to the swap meet this weekend? Heading to the nationals? It would probably boost memebership when people start talking.

Today I got a PM from someone who saw where I lived and they let me know they are 50 miles away and need some 68 RR parts. Necessity is the mother of invention!
good idea... how about by zip code?

See that once again proves we are smarter together. Can't believe I didn't think of that. Was in a hurry to post my idea before my memory faded! Great idea and simple too!

Members can be as specific as they choose in their profile. Many wont want to be that specific.

I'll save you the trouble, I'm a "shitload" of miles away lets say a REALLY long swim :lol:

Great idea my 1965 pro street coronet is in 33460 lake worth fla ... anyone near ?

I think if members just put their State in their profile it would be plenty. Mine is listed right in my avatar and I always welcome fellow Ohioans as a neighbor so they at least know. I've made 2 very good friends on here but they're both 6 hrs away but still get together a few times a year.

I've had the chance of meeting a handful of our members and it's always fun to meet the guys you chat with regularly.

I was thinking the same thing only for a different reason. It'd be nice to know members that could give you a hand if need when traveling. I have a nice garage I could fix almost anyone up if they got stranded in central Iowa. And likewise if I were to plan a trip to the east coast, it'd be nice to have a few #s in my phone for a SOS call.

I was thinking the same thing only for a different reason. It'd be nice to know members that could give you a hand if need when traveling. I have a nice garage I could fix almost anyone up if they got stranded in central Iowa. And likewise if I were to plan a trip to the east coast, it'd be nice to have a few #s in my phone for a SOS call.
Well now you have 1 only an hour from the Nats in Ohio :thumbsup:. Pm if ever headed this way, got a lift and all.

Every one has the spot if they want under location
and if they do not want people to find them or friend them do not add your location

Auto Transport Service
Back