• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

memories

horace

Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
My dad & uncle sold Dodges thru this era. There was a guy who sold AAA ins always bought the new big Dodge yearly. In 62 the big Dodge was put off to return as an 880 in the late winter season. The customer was in the showroom near a new 62 Polara 500 waiting for service on his 61, my uncle told him the big Dodges were coming back. The customer well into his 60's said I'll take that one-- the 62 500. He bought a red 63 Polara 500 the next year followed by a 64 Polara 500.
A young farm kid graduating from college ordered a 62 Polara 500 convert beige with red stripe. The car made such an impression on me I have cloned, faked, tributed (what ever the buzz is today) a car similar.
Dad was a pretty hep guy he took a 65 gold Coronet 500 hdtp 4spd for his first demonsrtator in Sep 64, man that was a fun car to drive. Oh, I forgot the reverberator
Dad sold a 63 318 4dr sedan to a guy w/4spd trans red white top.
A Dr had a a 330 2dr silver 6 at for his car somehow the car just seemed to say race written all over it.
Besides my 62 convert I also have 63 Polara 500 2dr hdtp in off white(cloud) blue stripe fact a/c & pw.
These were great cars maybe a high point of Chrysler made cars

Last edited:
really cool stuff. you got any pictures of those cars? I am all about pictures from back in the day. I was born in 75, and I tell everyone I think I was born about 30 or 35 years to late.

Auto Transport Service
Back