• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mercury Capri " Truck " ?

MoparMitch

Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
When is the last time you saw a Mercury Capri " Truck " ???
My son had this old tire machine behind my shop. (no room inside for it. never hooked up)
Anyhow He sells it on Craigslist to this guy from Virginia,about 2 hrs away. Came to get it yesterday. Can you imagine seeing that going down Interstate 95 ??
Just had to share this with you guys !!!!

Attachments

• WIN_20150618_152040.jpg
    WIN_20150618_152040.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 197
  • WIN_20150618_152118.jpg
    WIN_20150618_152118.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 204
  • WIN_20150618_152434.jpg
    WIN_20150618_152434.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 196
wonder how he makes it past the cops....youd think the first cop that saw him would pop a vein while telling him off,lol.
also love the spare tire that doesnt look same size and those super heavy duty straps holding that weight from crushing him on a panic stop.
in the end tho,i really want that hat :)

Is that... can hear dueling banjos playing in the background ??...LOL sorry couldn't resist

.... all you ever saw, been in trouble with the law.....

is that a mini spare on the rear???

FreeWheelin Franklin Says, "when your out off dope, sell your tire mach"

Off the hook.....and Yeah.....that IS a Baddass Hat, my styleTexas Tornadoe.jpg Got Real close there RC...Bladerunner....Bladecutter.

I had a 1976 Capri w/ 2.8 v-6....ballsy on torque...could hold its own against normally aspirated porch flat sixes...but really incredible was its uncanny abilities off road in AZ des....aslong as I could find high ground to straddle, i could f w/ buggies and 4x4's. Another unbelievable off road performing car i had was a Japanese MG...Datsun 1500 Fair Lady..right hand drive....165 bias plies, let a little air out of rears and this little bastard would forge the loosest, deepest, softest sand i could find and straight up erode hills...again, just finding high ground to straddle for some ground clearance...i ran with a buggy that had dualies on back....the guy was in shock...just kept sayin,"this ain't, this ain't right, but could not hide what was perverted admiration......a million stories in the naked city...that's two....good alignment with drifting/auto-X-ing 22 ft Class C motorhomes. I love the unusual. Those Japanese MG's are some bitchin *** cars....i would love to have a Datsun 2000 roadster....i think they'll walk all over MG-B's...2 litres were pretty quick.....now a really fun car is a TR-8....215 alloy V-8...real close to the original GM 215 for Buick, Pontiac, Olds....British Leyland bought tooling from GM in 70's very first car with it was Triumph Stag but was SOHC i think...but whay they later put in the 8 was standard OHV....and they flat *** ripped....another one they put it in were Morgans.....and it is the basic block for all Rover V-8's as well, but they are all cammed heads. The Tr-8 & Morgans looked near identical to what engine looked like in GM cars. Guy in Tucson built a buggy similiar to a Meyers Manx, used Bus swing axle w/ the reduction boxes and had an aluminum Olds in it that was pumped to 450 hP, normal aspiration...9 second quarters....NO LIE! Debo....had guns as big as ECS Dave. We built a few late model Buses (68>) with 215's (CV joint IRS) and take out the bus box and stick in car box for taller ratios....these SOB's would run down the road @ 80 and delivering 25 miles to the gallon....and they would absolutely bust 100mph. ground F/X time

They look like Saab rims, but I can't say anything one of my friend's has a pretty nice lil capri convertible and hardtop.

Auto Transport Service
Back