• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Might be getting back one of my old cars...

Thrashingcows

Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
This is the one car I restored with virtually no expense spared.

F2gjgsrh.jpg

NuDR5ggh.jpg

Gt2FcDUh.jpg

UEo6V2mh.jpg

eGL9CuDh.jpg

I sold it back around 2000/2001 when we had one young child and second on the way, so the car reluctantly went up for sale to pay off dept so we could afford our first home.

Fast forward to around March 2020 when I was doing a random internet search for something and a pic of a car came up...I looked at it and thought this might be my old car. I did a reverse search on the image and found a small buy/sell website with an expired ad for the car...and it sure did look like my car.

So I have been posting want ads on that site, as well as on the local area Kijiji and Craigslist every now and then for the last couple years. Well a guy called me out of the blue last week who said he has the car, and it turns out it is the same fellow who bought the car from me 20+ years ago! And he is willing to sell the car.

He says it's been in a heated garage this whole time and he's put maybe a couple thousand miles on it. He said the only thing that has been replaced was the fuel tank, fuel pump, filter and carb from gumming up from sitting. Other then that he claims that there is not a single scratch or ding that wasn't on the car when I sold it....pics will confirm this claim.

I never thought I would see the car again to be honest, and so I have been looking for a 71 Superbee for a year or so now, but to have the opportunity to acquire this car again after so many years, along with the associated memories and lessons and experience I learned while restoring it is priceless, and an opportunity this will likely not come my way again.

Amazing that you're search turned up the guy you sold it to. I hope its condition is as when you sold it.

Very Nice 68!! Lotta options..

Yeah it was nicely loaded car...it was a factory Tach car, but I added the 150 mph speedo since I had one, and of course the Superbee-R/T hood. ;)

Amazing that you're search turned up the guy you sold it to. I hope its condition is as when you sold it.

I hoping this as well. :praying:

I still got the first car I truly restored, wish I can find my first harley. I should have never sold her. Pretty much gave up the search several years ago.

That's awesome TC! Hope Patches doesn't get jealous sharing that new shop!

Awesome story!
Got my '68 Charger back after 34 years. Sold it in 1980 for the same reasons you did.
Best of luck to you!

20210906_181345.jpg

It is so cool to hear these stories and glad you guys are able to make your dreams come true again. I have been fortunate enough to be able to keep my Charger since I was a teenager in high school. Managed to go through all of life's up and downs, got married, had 3 kids, got a divorce and now get to share it with 2 grand kids so far. First picture is out at the track as a kid in the 80's. Second is last summer.

Charger2.jpg 20170903_161436.jpg

Wow! Great! I hope you get it. If it’s in alberta and near me and you’d like me to look at/verify anything on it for you I would no problem.

Good luck, don’t hesitate to get back- even though it’s probably a few more bucks than when you sold it!

I got mine back from 1994 in 2017
4DAC26D4-9ACA-4AB8-9A81-5F1BB59A91E3.jpeg
7F7603EB-C480-46D1-B133-DCC78CF6AFC1.jpeg

I received a bunch of pics of the car today and it is as he stated, it has not changed much at all in all this time. Little more dust and grime on the motor from smal valve cover leaks etc, but over all I can't see any major deterioration in the car.:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back