• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

might be over thinking

bearman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
would like to install kit usctam 2012 relocation kit. i have ss springs on it now and replaced front hanger. the question is with the front of the springs being shorter how do they work with the new kit. the kit allows you to pick different holes for up and down but not back and forth. so if i install the kit won't my springs come up short of the bracket or is this kit made up for ss springs. like i said maybe over thinking this whole thing just don't want to screw up.

Not sure what kit this is. I'm assuming notch the frame rails and weld the new spring mounts in? If so, mount it in the spot where the holes need to be to center the axle where you want it. Cross measure before welding. Do not take the factory perch mount location as perfect. Make sure the car is supported VERY well before cutting or you'll end up with poor door gaps.
Doug

Thanks will do I want to do frame connections and relocation of rear springs with the torque boxes. I want to make sure it is stiff frame wise. Not that I'm going to have a 1000 plus horsepower but enough for the street

I would sure call US Cartool & ask what front section dimension springs they are meant for for each of their kits. I should mention pre 65 cars have a different spring than 65 cars and the post 65 cars. Their website is not very specific. Be carefull. I really believe some version of sub-frame connector is highly recommended. Sub-frame 2x3 welded into the floor pan produce an extremely stiff chassis. A smaller 2x2 welded at numerous points under the stock floor pan should work nearly as well, no opinion on bolted versions.

thanks for info i agree just read a sticky note that was posted and he had to drill extra holes because he was running super stock springs. so i been doing alot of reading. not much into cutting up my frame without having as much input as i can get. have thought heavy about the 2x3 tubes but again need to get past the cutting up my floor pan. then was thinking of the carpet on the floor will need to buy extra to cover new frame work.

sure got a nice stance on your ride

Auto Transport Service
Back