• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Might fly for the first time since 1978. Advice?

sam dupont

Local time
12:21 PM
Reaction score
Might be getting a puppy 1,300 miles away in Dayton. The flight would have an hour and a half layover in Chicago. I was thinking of renting a small car and driving, but it looks like flying would be the same cost, possibly done in one day. Haven't flown since the late 70's, what's it like?

Go out to the stock yard at the local cattle auction... Watch for a short time.... You've now seen what you need to know... MOOOOO!!! :lol:

I carry a cattle prod and pistol when I move stock. Is that permissible?

I carry a cattle prod and pistol when I move stock. Is that permissible?
Wear slip-ons. And carry as little as possible. (And I don't mean firearms)
Gonna fly back with the puppy? (Malinois? )
Get to the airport at least an hour and a half before flight time. Park in long term lot.

Wear slip-ons. And carry as little as possible. (And I don't mean firearms)
Gonna fly back with the puppy? (Malinois? )
I was thinking a change of clothes in case of emergency. Would be coming back with a puppy that is too large to be carry on.

Not a Mal, but I would consider one if it came from a long time breeder.

Don't do it, especially with a puppy.
I suppose I should ask the breeder. Many will not ship a pup, period. Just came up with the bright idea last night and saw tickets were cheap.

No layover - Local airport

Just make a few phone calls for a private charter

Like a Net Jets or XO Jet or Wheels Up to name a few of the big boys , or try local companies thru an FBO

Whip out your credit card - Make sure the limit is at least $20,000 / $30,000 depending on what type aircraft and distance traveled

And call it a day
Happy Puppy

Thanx

I would do my best to find a pup local or within decent driving distance.
Air travel is not fun in 2022 add a dog into the mix .....
Not me.

Don’t say “stop, don’t touch me there, that’s my no no square” during the pat down. And on the flip side, don’t say “harder daddy” or “I’m getting a hard on” during the pay down.

Make sure you remove your butt plug before the metal detector, lots of stories on that lately.

Other then that, hop on the plane and enjoy the ride.
:rofl:

Might be getting a puppy 1,300 miles away in Dayton. The flight would have an hour and a half layover in Chicago. I was thinking of renting a small car and driving, but it looks like flying would be the same cost, possibly done in one day. Haven't flown since the late 70's, what's it like?
Get a aisle seat, drink a bottle of water before you board the flight eat bananas if you're prone to motion sickness. It tastes the same way going down as they are going up. Good luck happy Landings.

No sense in stressing out the puppy. Drive, don't fly.

Do yourself a favor too. Don't fly.

If your "packin" like the guy with the worlds biggest schlong, then get ready for the tsa to rub and tug on it. :lol:

Man with 'world's biggest penis' stopped by airport security

Jonah Falcon, 41, was returning from a trip in San Francisco on July 9 when he was stopped at security by TSA agents who spotted something out of the ordinary hanging to the left in his pants, he said.

I have made four road trips of 4 hours or so, one way, to get puppy's for myself, and friends, from a friend who breeds shepherds. Each time, it was a pleasant experience. I'm not so sure about 1200 miles. I think I would consult the proposed airline.
Truth be told, I'd probably drive, but a flight might be easier on both of you.

Be sure to check the rules on animals on planes. Recently had a friend run into a stumbling block as the rules had changed probably because of being sued for bad incidents. It was actually easier to rent and drive there as her dog was a little too big for the largest crate allowed. Would also save the critter being in a crate alone in a strange noisy environment.

Personally try not to fly with all the hassle of TSA enforcement officials that are of suspicious origins. the pay is not great and they don't hire the best.

If you're all hell bent on flying, at least make sure you can Valsalva before you go. You'll thank me later!

Can you remember that far back to compare? The seats are narrower with less leg room, they have extra fees for everything you can think of, the flight cancellation ETA/ETD rate is terrible, the food is nothing, you stand in a lot of lines, and you are treated like a cow in a stockyard with a criminal record. About the only improvements are electronic ticketing and check in and the planes are quieter. I hope to never have to fly again.

Definitely drive if at all possible.

Auto Transport Service
Back