• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

milan dragway

Wouldn't that be nice! Longtime fan of the drag way! 440'

Just hate seeing all these drag strips closing! Wish there was one closer to me. I would be racing more. ruffcut

My home track. Hundreds of passes over the past 34 years. Fingers crossed.

Hope that news is correct

sad to see it go away

be great if they can make it work, reopen

I only ran it a few times...nice back in the 90s. Is it still 1/4 mile? Seems like a lot went to 1/8

They ran both 1/8 and 1/4 depending on class and/or day. Hope it comes back as a 1/4 track. Hate 1/8 mile honestly.

Wish there was one closer to me.
Sell house, move closer…
:rofl:

Seriously, I agree with everything you said.
Every time we see a strip close it’s a blow to the heart.
Dingers crosse for Milan!

Any time a track opens/reopens is a great day. My favorite local 1/8 closed, and reopened after an ownership change. My local 1/4 closed while they put up a multi million dollar sound wall.

For sure Milan will be open. Every other tracks weekly program is 1/8 in Michigan. However when we run GLSSA we still run 1/4. Same with our N/SS stuff. Not a fan of 1/8th either.
Doug

I am a fan of 1/8, for most of the reasons others who also are, have stated.
But I think the biggest factor for me, as a spectator when I'm not racing is simply the visual aspect of my local scoreboards (and my poor distance vision).
The eighth mile track has nice bright white boards I can see from the starting line.
The quarter track has some f#@king barely lit red boards, I can't see from less than the thousand foot mark.... where there is NO seating.
I go to my 1/8th track ten times more often, to race and to spectate, even though both are twenty minutes away.
Thursday night at the eighth is packed, with racers and spectators. If there are twenty people in the stands on a Saturday 1/4 race, I'm surprised.

Still pissed about how they handled reopening 75&80. It was repaved and 90% ready to open, but they never drew permitted and it got canned.

Auto Transport Service
Back