• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mine is better!! No Mine is!!!

What is the best look for a mopar

• Black Steelies

Votes: 36 8.1%
  • Dog Dishes with Black Steelies

Votes: 48 10.8%
  • Body Color Steelies

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • Dog Dishes with Body Color Steelies

Votes: 80 18.0%
  • Magnum 500s

Votes: 176 39.6%
  • Deluxe Wheelcovers

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Deep Dish Wheel Covers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simulated Mag Covers

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 88 19.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 33 7.4%

• Total voters
My favorite Mopar wheel is the 14" road wheel. So I voted other.
KID

ct ls web 1.JPG

I like road wheels, rallyes, and aluminum Mirada ten-spokers. Early Torque-thrusts are cool too. As 426hemicharger said, it all depends on the car. I hate 20s on a muscle car!

Last edited by a moderator:
Over all many Mopars look pretty good with dog dish, body color wheels. Many but not all; and Mirada 10 spokes ROCK on 71 RR.

What look nices, I think, is a bronze car with a white stripe and black steelies and no hubcaps.
I agree 20"ers suck. Anything 19" and bigger suck. A12 cars are amazing. Plymouth really knew what they were doing.

T70 TT Americans look good on just about every 60's-70's car.

So, in my opinion: The aluminum rim with gray spokes (like the TT) really work well with white cars. Flashy colored cars (like my R4 69 RR) does great with a wheel that has some chrome - I'm putting Keysone Classics on that one. I'm not a dog dish cap fan, but 15x7 or 8 steelies and chrome lugs like the A12 cars I think looks great on the right car. I also think 14's are way too small for the B bodies and the huge pimp wheels don't do anything for me either.

I've always been a fan of body-colored steelies with dog dishes... Thats what I plan on putting on my 69.

Jason

I like the Kesley Hayes "recall" wheels of 69 I have had a pristine set sitting in my closet for years...........I also like Magnum 500s and Road Wheels.

I have Magnum 500s on my 69 RR with redlines and I think that's a good look. I also very much like the non-chrome TTs.

Weld Racing

Weld Rodlite for me !! Old school look with a bit of todays tech..

Car 020.jpg

my 69 500 will have the new warrior / recall wheel but at 2k for a set that will be a while before i can afford them

If you think 2 grand is high price some super nice original recalls, I have been tempted to sell mine several times.

The original problems with the recall wheel is that they would loosen up after they were first installed, if you re-torqued them they were OK , ....If you didn't they would crack in the lug area from being loose, The recall was a major over reaction, but it was a very smart business move to Kill any liability issues that would have arose since only a handful of them had been released and not recovered.

If you think 2 grand is high price some super nice original recalls, I have been tempted to sell mine several times.

The original problems with the recall wheel is that they would loosen up after they were first installed, if you re-torqued them they were OK , ....If you didn't they would crack in the lug area from being loose, The recall was a major over reaction, but it was a very smart business move to Kill any liability issues that would have arose since only a handful of them had been released and not recovered.

2k is cheap for a nice set of originals , I have seen them go for much more

I 'm just saying my wheel budget is not that big , but one day i will own a set of the nice repops for my 500

the repops have chromes outer edges like the original after market wheels you could buy and i like that better then having trim rings

I'm surprised no one has voted for Deep Dish or Deluxe wheelcovers. Don't vote for it cause I mentioned it. Be honest.

Auto Transport Service
Back