• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mini starter question?

Tony Tee

Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
Bought this mini starter from a junkyard many years ago, and bolted it on figuring that the terminals would hit the block. So it seams that this starter already has the terminals moved to avoid this. Does anyone know what vehicle it was possibly from? I could use another one for my other big block project car. But can't find it anywhere on the Internet.
20200404_154021.jpg

Take the plastic covers off of the starter terminals. You may find that the terminals directly at the body of the starter have enough clearance to work.

Idk what its from, but i remember an old thread here about someone selling a part to relocate the terminals.

Take the plastic covers off of the starter terminals. You may find that the terminals directly at the body of the starter have enough clearance to work.
What he said in that comment up there (1).jpg

Yep, there's no need to go speeding money on crap you don't need! Good Luck

Does anyone know what vehicle it was possibly from? I could use another one for my other big block project car. But can't find it anywhere on the Internet. View attachment 931692

Your asking us to find a needle in your haystack. It ain't going to happen!
http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/elec/1.html

Thanks for all the great information. sincerely, Tony. T.

Yep, 1990's Dakota V8 starter.

I cut the large stud shorter. You'll need to mock up the amout of connectors and washer and nut then use a hacksaw or cutoff wheel to remove what you don't need.
screenshot_20200402-160713-jpg.930840

I actually attached my wires while the starter was bolted in place. I cut the plastic adapter in half to make a cap for the terminal.
20170618_161353-jpg.930841

Auto Transport Service
Back